User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 320MKS Rear Kitchen and COUCH..oh my!

I had forgotten how much the tail of the coach "moves" when "rocking down the highway" or should I say side roads! (This trip at least!)
    We arrived home from our Thanksgiving camp trip this past Saturday and upon opening the unit we saw disaster everywhere! The couch was in the middle of the opening, it had already shoved the black-out curtain "pull-down ball" far into the rear wall making a permanent indention.
    The entire contents of the microwave and some contents of the cabinets were strewn all over the floor with a small spice jar jamming itself under our Kitchen slide. I cannot say these were the worst roads I had ever traveled with an RV in tow, but they were by far the worst roads traveled with this unit! We had "several" places on these back roads with no warning of the "bump" "dip, or "pothole" awaiting us so we did take a few bigs hits coming home. I was just not expecting this bad of a scene!
    We had to use a lever to raise the kitchen slide to then FORCEFULLY remove the small jar of "sage" trying not to mar anything, it did leave a nice round indention in the floor that hopefully in time that will go away. Nothing much I can do about all that except to take the highways instead of the scenic routes. I was not even going the speed limit! The slide has worked perfectly after a good inspection so thank goodness for that.

My only question here however is: How have other owners of this specific RV or others managed their couch so as to stay "reasonably" in place? It has to be able to be moved to access the electrical panel! I have thought of blocking it with sections of aluminum channel (1" X 1" Angled aluminum) so it can only go so far towards the outer wall and also limit its forward progress away from the wall towards the island, but I hate drilling holes in any part of an RV! I am not sure if making footpads of industrial Velcro would hold...

Any input would be appreciated. I am thinking on this one a bit as I said, I am hesitant to drill holes!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we were searching for a floor plan, two of our requirements were NO REAR KITCHEN and NO APPLIANCES ON A SLIDE. It has worked out very well for us.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We actually did not even think about that. We still LOVE the floorplan, but we have to adjust to it and make some modifications..... I told my wife that it was because we did not have enough "STUFF" so it flew in the air with every bump! (Stated very sarcastically)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have already seen disasters with a rear kitchen. I also did not want appliances on a slide because of the constant flexing of wires and gas lines. I just figured less to go wrong that way!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW, the "Stuff" comment was pretty funny!