User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2670MK Minimum Temps?

What would be the minimum temperature you recommend for camping? We want to go to Bellplain State Park this weekend. My camper is winterized now, but I was going to load up some water for the weekend and go. Also, I've never winterized before, any place I can read how this is done to an Imagine?
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    What would be the minimum temperature you recommend for camping? We want to go to Bellplain State Park this weekend. My camper is winterized now, but I was going to load up some water for the weekend and go. Also, I've never winterized before, any place I can read how this is done to an Imagine?
    We camped in a GD 2800bh a couple of years ago when it got down to 18 degrees. The furnace came on quite often but kept it comfortable. Be prepared to use a considerable amount of propane depending on how cold it is.
    Regarding winterizing, there are many Utube videos that you can watch. Do a search on this site for many related posts. The hot water heater/bypass valves are in the very back of my 2670mk, street side. You need to remove one of the desk drawers to access it. The slide must be extended to get the drawer out.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgist View Post
    We camped in a GD 2800bh a couple of years ago when it got down to 18 degrees. The furnace came on quite often but kept it comfortable. Be prepared to use a considerable amount of propane depending on how cold it is.
    Regarding winterizing, there are many Utube videos that you can watch. Do a search on this site for many related posts. The hot water heater/bypass valves are in the very back of my 2670mk, street side. You need to remove one of the desk drawers to access it. The slide must be extended to get the drawer out.
    And you had running water at 18 degrees? Ok, thanks for the info, I will look some up and see how it's done.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And you had running water at 18 degrees? Ok, thanks for the info, I will look some up and see how it's done.
    As long as the furnace is used, it supplies heat to the underbelly to keep the tanks from freezing,. Yes... had running water.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgist View Post
    Also, mine is winterized now but we're camping this weekend, can I just fill the fresh tank and go? Or do I have to do something special?
    Ed & Kaitlin

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also, mine is winterized now but we're camping this weekend, can I just fill the fresh tank and go? Or do I have to do something special?
    Depends on how it was winterized. If just blown out with air, then pretty much fill and go. If with antifreeze, you'll have to run water through all the lines (including the external spray ports, toilet, and low point drains) to flush out the antifreeze. It is septic safe, and non-toxic if you do get any in your coffee.
    In either event -
    Check your manual on winterization. Make sure the water heater is not bypassed (behind the drawers in the desk), and verify that the same is true for your water pump (inside the enclosure in the pass-through). You'll need to take the screws out and the metal edging strips to get at it.

If it has been a while since you used it, I'd sanitize, but that can be a 4-6 hr deal, and uses lots of water. See your manual about that.

Low temps for Belleplane in NJ look to be as low as 27, with highs in the 40's, so I wouldn't worry much about freezing overnight.

Make sure your propane is full.

Note that their dump station is now closed for the winter, so you will have to find someplace else.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One other thing to remember for cold weather camping is to disconnect the city water supply hose when the temperature dips below freezing. Just switch to the fresh water system for the cold nights.

Happy Camping.

Dave

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We camped in 10 degree weather in WV during Christmas last week. We only plugged into the electricity. We kept ours TT winterized and use the bathhouse and bottled water. We used a space heater for additional warmth and reduce propane usage. The hiking was amazing in the snow ❄️.