User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

grill type for your rv

I have been researching grills for my 29RS GD and wanted to get a griddle type but, my better side told me NO GRIDDLE but she was ok with us purchasing a pellet grill that would fit into the exterior cooking area on the 29RS. It has plenty of room for the grill and storage bens filled with pellets. The one we are looking at is the Traeger Ranger portable grill it does require a 120 volt source at 3 amps and the refrigerator in the exterior area is 120 volts as well so we could use a drop cord and move the grill to a area where the wind isn't blowing. Has anyone used this grill or a pellet grill while rving? Thanks ed
    https://www.bbqguys.com/traeger/rang...grill-tft18kld

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SDBigDog55 View Post
    I have been researching grills for my 29RS GD and wanted to get a griddle type but, my better side told me NO GRIDDLE but she was ok with us purchasing a pellet grill that would fit into the exterior cooking area on the 29RS. It has plenty of room for the grill and storage bens filled with pellets. The one we are looking at is the Traeger Ranger portable grill it does require a 120 volt source at 3 amps and the refrigerator in the exterior area is 120 volts as well so we could use a drop cord and move the grill to a area where the wind isn't blowing. Has anyone used this grill or a pellet grill while rving? Thanks ed
    I have the Napoleon Travel Q285 and love but we are planning on adding the GMG Davie Crockett to the collection or maybe even replacement. However, the Napoleon those come with the criddle so it might not be replaced.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use this...
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is a cheap grill, you can mount it on the side of your RV or stand it on a table. It was mounted to a used trailer that I bought and used for about two years. I liked it and it got the job done, so I bought one for my new trailer. It's large enough, as we are only two people. I am not going to mount it, however. I think I will use it only on a tabletop.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Treager smoker, similar to the Tailgater. It has a larger cooking surface than the Ranger. I removed the collapsible legs and built a small stand for it to sit on. Smoker sits in the back of the truck bed. With the legs off, tonneau cover fits over it. I can use it as a grill, but mostly as a slow smoker. Amazing meals

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We been packin' the GMG Davie Crockett for 4 years now. It cooks great. Low temp or very high. Pork shoulder for 12 hours or a steak in 7 or 8. KEN

Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We currently use the trigger ranger and really like it. It comes with both a griddle so we can do bacon by the pound as well as a grill for regular barbecuing. Do be careful of the grease run off if you are doing bacon make sure that it is all draining out the end, not overflowing into the fire burner area. Don't ask me how I know that, butit was exciting. The only downside is the weight.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    We currently use the trigger ranger and really like it. It comes with both a griddle so we can do bacon by the pound as well as a grill for regular barbecuing. Do be careful of the grease run off if you are doing bacon make sure that it is all draining out the end, not overflowing into the fire burner area. Don't ask me how I know that, butit was exciting. The only downside is the weight.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Been there, done that on the grease fire. Just keep the lid closed till it's burned out or close to burnt out. Hamburgers and bacon will make a greasy mess and then cooking slow, it will never ignite. Then; fire up the grill nice and hot for a steak and things get exciting. KEN
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We second the Green Mountain Davy Crockett pellet Grill/smoker. We've had ours for a couple of years, and it goes everywhere with us. A big + is that it runs on 120vac or 12vdc. It's a bit heavy, but manageable.
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 MC DRW

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck.N View Post
    We second the Green Mountain Davy Crockett pellet Grill/smoker. We've had ours for a couple of years, and it goes everywhere with us. A big + is that it runs on 120vac or 12vdc. It's a bit heavy, but manageable.
    I dropped a 12v cord out of the propane area from the battery and put a anderson connector on the end. I made an adaptor from 12v power to anderson to plug in. KEN
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the ideas, one question on the Ranger is, how long does it take to warm up to 350 degrees ? Is it a slow process or in 10 minutes is it ready to cook? Thanks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast