User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I add the Infrared Remote Extender System, but it only lasted for about 6 months.

Did anyone else do this mod and have better luck? KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    I add the Infrared Remote Extender System, but it only lasted for about 6 months.

Mine are still working great. I've installed a lot of these for folks and haven't had one fail yet. Be sure you have it glued in the right spot and that it hasn't lost power. I first used the USB port on the TV for power but the IR wouldn't work until the TV came on. So I got a USB power adapter and plugged it into an AC outlet.

If you need to restock the emitter you can use Goop. It dries clear. A lot of AC professionals use it for just this purpose. You may have to tape the emitter until the Goop dries then remove the tape carefully.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post

Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Mine are still working great. I've installed a lot of these for folks and haven't had one fail yet. Be sure you have it glued in the right spot and that it hasn't lost power. I first used the USB port on the TV for power but the IR wouldn't work until the TV came on. So I got a USB power adapter and plugged it into an AC outlet.

If you need to restock the emitter you can use Goop. It dries clear. A lot of AC professionals use it for just this purpose. You may have to tape the emitter until the Goop dries then remove the tape carefully.
    Thanks Larry. It worked great when it worked. I'll look behind the tv and see if I threw it away or stored it back there. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC_Scott View Post
    Sounds like more work than I care to tackle. Also just dawned on me once I activate my Dish Trav’ler I shouldn’t have this issue as I won’t need the remote to the TV. Thanks for your input.

Regards,
    Scott
    Good point for those who use other devices / receivers for most of their viewing. Almost all streaming devices and receivers allow you to configure their remote to control TV functions. We use an Amazon Firestick to feed our YouTube TV subscription to TCL Roku TVs. We set Firestick to control TCL TV and enable CEC on TV to allow other remotes to control power, input and volume, but also to start up on the input the Firestick is connect to. So now Firestick turns on TV, TV starts on Firestick, and Firestick remote takes care of everything we need. One remote viewing. Simple and convenient.
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammy&Grandad View Post
    Good point for those who use other devices / receivers for most of their viewing. Almost all streaming devices and receivers allow you to configure their remote to control TV functions. We use an Amazon Firestick to feed our YouTube TV subscription to TCL Roku TVs. We set Firestick to control TCL TV and enable CEC on TV to allow other remotes to control power, input and volume, but also to start up on the input the Firestick is connect to. So now Firestick turns on TV, TV starts on Firestick, and Firestick remote takes care of everything we need. One remote viewing. Simple and convenient.
    Are you successful controlling the volume on the stereo (We have a jenson) from the firestick remote? I have not been successful in doing that.

Thanks,
    George
    George and Connie
    Commerce City, CO
    Webpilot
    Solitude 380FL
    2014 Ram 3500 Dually
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webpilot View Post
    Are you successful controlling the volume on the stereo (We have a jenson) from the firestick remote? I have not been successful in doing that.

Thanks,
    George
    No - haven't worried about that. We don't really use the stereo / amplifier for TV. (Ours is a Rockford Fosgate system).
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webpilot View Post

Thanks,
    George
    geesh...... has ANYONE ever had any success with a remote other than what Jensen provides or their bluetooth app!! Jensen - it must english for any other language that means cheap and incompatible.

whew..... just had to get that out of my system....

We like our sound bar a lot better and almost never use the Jensen.

If anyone checked out my post I pointed to earlier, you can see the sound bar. And I think in that post I mentioned that I relocated the elevator switch to the cabinet the Jensen radio is in. I did that to get the TV up as high as I could while still allowing the cabinet cover to seat evenly when it is down.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC_Scott View Post
    I’m assuming I can’t be the only one who has a issue with the remote working on the TCL televator while sitting in the theater seats. In order to get it to work you need to raise your arm up to get the remote to respond as you sit too low for the signal to get past the fireplace cabinet. Anyone have anything they’ve done besides raising your arm or standing up, it’s a real nuisance. Other than that we’re loving our new 310.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Not familiar with your rig and not sure what the televater is but We have had success in our 2600RB aiming remote to bounce the IR signal off the cealing. Takes a little practice but less frustrating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewwi View Post
    ...not sure what the televater is...
    The televator is a motorized bracket that you mount the TV to that moves up and down. It allows you to drop the TV down into the cabinet to hide it.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12