Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

clicking noise coming from AC when Furnace starts and stops

I have a 2019 XLS 21BHE - Love the Rig

On a cold night, a couple of months ago, we heard a clicking noise come from the AC (10-15 clicks) whenever the furnace turned on, I believe it also happened periodically when the furnaces was running and shutting down. Seems like some type of signal is going to the AC. AC thermostat is set to 75, so it shouldn't be getting a signal.

I've searched the forums looking for this problem and found one post saying it is the AC relay but there weren't any guidance on what to do about it. Of course I can't find that same post now so I'm starting a new one...

Any ideas on what is happening and how to stop it? Do I need a new Thermostat?
    Steve Kuzmeski
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    2019 Imagine XLS 21BHE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The clicking noise you are hearing is the relays inside the gateway for the air conditioner and furnace control... replace the gateway and the issue will be fixed ...

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for the response on the clicking. Weather is starting to warm up enough up here in MN for me to be able to work on it and get it ready for the season. I've talked to a few others about it and they said it is the relay switch, I'm assuming that is the same as the gateway. I was told it is easy to replace, pretty much plug and play. However, I have no idea what to purchase, I'm assuming I need something specific to match what is already in place. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    Steve Kuzmeski
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    2019 Imagine XLS 21BHE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gain access to you AC unit and look at the existing gateway and get the PN and then you can order the correct gateway.. This is a plug and play part

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve did you ever get this problem resolved as I am having the same issue?