User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fact check my salesman

Hi everyone. Looking at a new Reflection 311BHS. It just landed at our dealer. My salesman is saying it has the upgraded Solitude fiberglass sides which is worth $6k and there’s no extra charge. As in its a free upgrade from GD. Apparently the solitudes have better fiberglass and are more glossy. This was done because of delays in production due to lack of materials. I can’t find anything on the web indicating this is even something GD would do. Can anyone close to GD confirm this is something that would be done or is that warm tickle on my backside just someone blowing smoke up it?

Signed,
    Skeptical Sir 🤨

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best way to know for sure is to call GD,
    Grand Design Corp. Office - 574-825-8000 Ask for the Reflection production manager, if any one would know the correct answer I would hope it is that person
    Grand Design Customer Service - 574-825-9679
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I will do that tomorrow. 👍🏼

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would expect that the S-Class and Reflections have similar fiberglass wall construction methods. The non S-Class Solitudes have the same fiberglass but a high end gloss finish I believe. So he may be blowing smoke up your rear end.

Instead of focusing on what he is pitching you, just evaluate the unit itself on its own merits and the price being presented to you and decide for yourself if you see value there.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think he has been smoking the wacky stuff. Gary is correct - give GD a call. You can also ask the question on the GD technical site - link on GD home page.
    What kind of price are you getting. Pre covid 25%to 30% below MSRP was possible. Don't know about now as stock is limited. Be sure you look over the unit in detail and before finally buying check that everything works including water, AC, heat, stove, fridge and every power circuit. Make sure the stove and stove fan run on 12v some are saying you need 110 to run. Also what brand tires and axles are on it?

Good luck
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The material is exactly the same for all three, but the Solitude has a high gloss finish. The high gloss finish material is more expensive. Whether or not you feel high gloss is better or not is really up to the individual because there are pros and cons to either finish. Given the Solitude and Reflection are two different colors, that's enough to call it smoke, but could be supply chain issues have them using gloss over satin.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, some of you are correct and some are not.

Actually, the Reflections, Solitude S Class and Solitude used 3 different products.

The difference was the thickness of gel coat (gloss).

Up until about a month ago, Reflection had the thinnest layer, followed by S Class, then Solitude.

Now, the Reflection and S Class do share the same product.

I can't remember the exact names of them, but it was a Lamilux 10, 20, and 30 or something to that affect.

So, no, your sales person is not blowing smoke, other than it is a $6000 upgrade. It is not that much.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pre Covid I got 33% off on a special order. Also, went through GD internet sales in MI corporate.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Pre Covid I got 33% off on a special order. Also, went through GD internet sales in MI corporate.
    Where did you find GD internet sales? Hunted for it, but couldn’t fine it. Thanks.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast