User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbaker View Post
    For me, the simplest solution is to download or use handbrake to rip DVDs then play them from your laptop via HDMI.
    My personal setup is a Raspberry Pi Loaded with Kodi media player (movies, music and photos) connected to my 2TB portable hard drive via USB and the TV via HDMI. Very compact and easy to use. Also if you have internet, Kodi has Plugins for many streaming services as long as you have an account.
    Yes, I've had no problems with HDMI in on the TCL TVs. Also do it from my laptop using VLC running Win10 or Linux. No problems with either. I have years worth of streaming videos on an old laptop HDD which I can also plug directly into the USB port on the TCL without problems. I suspect an SSD would be even better. Mileage varies with a thumb drive - depends on quality.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Yes, I've had no problems with HDMI in on the TCL TVs. Also do it from my laptop using VLC running Win10 or Linux. No problems with either. I have years worth of streaming videos on an old laptop HDD which I can also plug directly into the USB port on the TCL without problems. I suspect an SSD would be even better. Mileage varies with a thumb drive - depends on quality.
    I agree, I would never trust my movies to a thumb drive without a backup. I used one for music in my last trailer and it died halfway through the first night of a 4 day trip. Now, in addition to the portable HD I take with me, there is a backup on a home NAS I can access via the internet.
    MrBaker
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2011 Ford F250 Lariat 6.2 L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    Chromecast
    Great. Thank you. I figured there had to be a way!
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All that is required to watch Netflix shows that have been downloaded on Ipad is lightening to digital AV adapter and HDMI cable to connect adapter to HDMI on TV. have been doing this for last few years and works perfect especially when there is no cable

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using "Channels" for a few years now, and it allows me to watch my local tv (cable provider)anywhere, and record tv shows that I can watch anywhere as well. I won't go into the details here, but it will work on the ROKU TV's, Apple TV, fire sticks, etc. You can control the streaming quality when you watch your content in your RV so you don't eat up bandwidth.
    Here is the link to the app: https://getchannels.com, it might not be for everyone, but it works for us and that's what matters.
    Mark
    Mark and Rebecca
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited CrewCab 8 Ft. Bed 6.7 HO 4wd B&W Companion Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a Tivo and it works great, I just disconnect it from my home TV and hook it up to the campers TV. I can only watch what was prerecorded at the house, but it has many hours of shows always on it. Last trip though I forgot the Tivo remote and that meant I had nothing but the air antenna.
    Which brings up another thing, the omnidirectional Wingard is really not suited for remote places.......like where campers go duh (you'd think they knew that). Anyway, I bought a cheap powered directional antenna off of Amazon for $30 and took a 1" x 8' piece of PVC and bungeed it to the side of my ladder and put the antenna on the PVC. I hooked the cheap antennas box up to the cable TV connector, make sure the stock campers antenna power is off, pointed it toward Knoxville (60 miles away) and got lots of clear channels.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Roku on every TV in the rig. I stream Netflix and others, including content from my Plex server at home. But, I also have Plex server on my laptop as a backup, load some "goto" movies and shows on it, and beam it to the rokus via the router I keep in the rig. Works great when no Internet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by myca99 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Some time back, I remember our home TV being able to function as a DVR if you bought a USB thumb drive for it to use as external storage. We just upgraded to a travel trailer and will pick up the trailer next week, so I haven't worked with its Roku TV yet. Has anyone succeeded at moving a USB thumb drive with saved shows between their home Roku TV and the RV TV?

Thanks!
    Michele
    Howdy. I have a 2021 17MKE that came with a TCL Roku TV. It is a smart TV but has limitation for what I want to do. I'm working on replacing it with a 32" Samsung UN4500. I'm used to Samsung as have one at home. However, suggest you check in to a Nvida Shield (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/). It plugs in to your HDMI port and should give you all that you need. Not sure it will record anything however. It is an android OS so very flexible.

I believe the TCL Roku has a setup option to recognize files on a USB drive when it it inserted. Haven't tried it yet.

Good luck with that and have a blessed Christmas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling vagabond View Post
    All that is required to watch Netflix shows that have been downloaded on Ipad is lightening to digital AV adapter and HDMI cable to connect adapter to HDMI on TV. have been doing this for last few years and works perfect especially when there is no cable
    This is what we do for Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO MAX, Disney+ and STARZ. It doesn’t work for Philo. We also directly stream these apps via our iPhones when we have a good cell signal using the same adapter. On the adapter, we got the Apple adapter, which is about $45, from Amazon, not the cheaper knock-offs, which, per the comments, often don’t work. We also noticed that when there is an issue streaming using the adapter, we can clear it by restarting the iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jeff & Susan
    With Annie, our dachshund
    2019 Reflection 303RLS #123, TST 507 TPMS
    2019 F-350 XLT 4x4 PSD SRW CC LB Factory 5th Wheel Prep Package
    B&W Companion OEM Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2020 Reflection 312BHTS - Whatever the stock TV is, but it is a Roku - You can plug in a USB stick which will allow you to pause FF, & rewind over air content. We also have DSL internet, but can wifi hot spot from a cell phone also. We use YouTube TV, which comes with Cloud DVR stored for 9 months & up to 5 TV's on one account so all our content sits in 1 place which is nice. Of course we have Netflix, Prime in addition. I was concerned, in the mountains where we are, the best DSL we could get was 6-8megs/sec. As long as you only have 2 devices connected at once, streams just fine. I just have to remember to kick peeps off the wifi if you want to stream TV - lol.

I have become a huge fan of Roku - Have 2 at home, 2 at Camp - The GUI is easy as well as you can easily AirPlay any content from any Apple device to Roku.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast