User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    I run my Plex locally inside my coach using a Raspberry Pi and a 3 TB hard drive (both work fine powered by a 12-volt connection). As long as the Roku TV and the Plex server are on the same network (we use a travel router powered by USB), there's a setting in Plex to trust local clients. My system overcomes the lack of an internet connection that way. We frequently camp where there's little or no internet connectivity. We have hundreds of movies and TV show episodes on our little server.
    I have 100's of movies and usually a backlog of tv shows too. I bring a laptop and use it as the server. Have an old router to run locally. I will have to check the 'trust local clients' setting. It usually works but like I said, seemed to flake out once in awhile and want authentication (like it was verifying my license or something).
    2020 Sierra 2500HD Denali
    Equalizer hitch (used Blue Ox before)
    Reflections 312bhts

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MachWun View Post
    I have 100's of movies and usually a backlog of tv shows too. I bring a laptop and use it as the server. Have an old router to run locally. I will have to check the 'trust local clients' setting. It usually works but like I said, seemed to flake out once in awhile and want authentication (like it was verifying my license or something).
    I believe there is also a server setting to not require authentication on the local network.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    I believe there is also a server setting to not require authentication on the local network.
    Thanks! I guess I need to re-familarize myself with Plex settings. I set all this up so many years ago.
    2020 Sierra 2500HD Denali
    Equalizer hitch (used Blue Ox before)
    Reflections 312bhts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MachWun View Post
    Thanks! I guess I need to re-familarize myself with Plex settings. I set all this up so many years ago.
    I have Plex Pass but lately I have been using Emby which handles the cover art much better and faster than Plex. I hate having to edit the cover art and Emby seems to just get right. If you just doing movies I would recommend Emby and if you want the extras like internet TV then Plex is the way to go.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234