User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happened to the 273MK

I currently own a Reflection Fifth Wheel 150 series 273MK. In trying to pull up a brochure for a friend, it appears the 273MK is no longer in production. Anyone know what happened to this model?
    2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK
    Retired Tanker Yanker
    My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually if a model goes out of production it is due to poor sales. But sometimes GD makes enough drastic changes to a model they give it a new number.. like 274 instead of 273
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprises me to see this but I guess it's just from lower sales numbers for this layout since I don't see a replacement version offered in the Reflection line (there are a couple Solitudes that look similar). Kinda sad .. that's the other model we were looking to purchase and only went with ours because of the deal we got on it.
    Pam and Doug
    2017 F350 (the Dragon) with 2015 GD Ref 337RLS (the Dragon's Tail)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design dropped the 273MK half through 2020. We own a 2019 273MK and love it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toots313 View Post
    Grand Design dropped the 273MK half through 2020. We own a 2019 273MK and love it.
    Correct. This floor plan was only made for a little over a year. I was fortunate to get one and honestly, it was the only floor plan in the lighter, shorter trailers that met my needs.

In my opinion the 240RL that basically replaced it has some poor design issues, but I guess some like it. The two other 30' floor plans require the slide to be opened for bathroom access which was a deal breaker for me.

I agree with the fact that poor sales probably led the downfall of the 273MK. Sure glad I got one!
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Correct. This floor plan was only made for a little over a year. I was fortunate to get one and honestly, it was the only floor plan in the lighter, shorter trailers that met my needs.

In my opinion the 240RL that basically replaced it has some poor design issues, but I guess some like it. The two other 30' floor plans require the slide to be opened for bathroom access which was a deal breaker for me.

I agree with the fact that poor sales probably led the downfall of the 273MK. Sure glad I got one!
    I agree that’s one reason we love the floorplan. We’ve had to ride out a few storms in the past and it makes a Big difference. This was the only RV that we’ve seen that everything functions with the slide in.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree! Also, it's getting hard to find anything in the 30' size. Most folks want larger with multiple slides. I substituted the theater seating and took out the dinette. We use folding tables to eat on and it makes for a large living area. It's nice to pull with a 3/4 ton diesel, and easy to get in and out of places.

My only complaint is it did not come with 16" wheels.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    I agree! Also, it's getting hard to find anything in the 30' size. Most folks want larger with multiple slides. I substituted the theater seating and took out the dinette. We use folding tables to eat on and it makes for a large living area. It's nice to pull with a 3/4 ton diesel, and easy to get in and out of places.

My only complaint is it did not come with 16" wheels.
    Ours came with the theater seating instead of the dinette. We also eat off TV trays. 16” tires would have been great, but unfortunately out of our pocketbook range right now. We did put on Carslise HD 10ply Sport Trail tires. We pull with a 1 ton DRW
    but thinking of eventually getting a srw 3/4 ton since our truck is now considered an aqtique lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Go to RVUSA and find your year and model. Often there is a link to the sales brochure for that model or one that covers all models in that year group.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toots313 View Post
    Ours came with the theater seating instead of the dinette. We also eat off TV trays. 16” tires would have been great, but unfortunately out of our pocketbook range right now. We did put on Carslise HD 10ply Sport Trail tires. We pull with a 1 ton DRW
    but thinking of eventually getting a srw 3/4 ton since our truck is now considered an aqtique lol
    That's cool. Thought I had the only one in the world. I had to order mine and never saw a stock one on any of the dealer's lots. I tried to get GD to install a free standing table initially, but they would not . After thinking about it, my wife thought the theater seating and fold up table or TV trays would be even better. I wouldn't change a thing after the few trips we have taken.

Lots of folks would not like my/your arrangement, but if I ever sell it, someone could pull the theater seating and go with a free standing dining room table.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast