Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Imagine 2600RB

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2600RB

My first Grand Design post!! We have been full timing in our Montana 40' 5th wheel with 5 slide outs for the last seven years. Were not going to stop full timing but we are going to down size. That 40 footer is getting harder to back into places plus we want a smaller unit. We decided the Grand Design 2600RB will meet our needs. So my question is, would the full timers recommend the 2600RB for full timing? We work at National Parks so were not constantly moving around but we need a unit that will stand up to daily use. Thanks for your thoughts and input. Be safe out there.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campingfeen View Post
    My first Grand Design post!! We have been full timing in our Montana 40' 5th wheel with 5 slide outs for the last seven years. Were not going to stop full timing but we are going to down size. That 40 footer is getting harder to back into places plus we want a smaller unit. We decided the Grand Design 2600RB will meet our needs. So my question is, would the full timers recommend the 2600RB for full timing? We work at National Parks so were not constantly moving around but we need a unit that will stand up to daily use. Thanks for your thoughts and input. Be safe out there.
    I love that floor plan. I'm just not sure if the Imaging line is intended for full timers. Less storage, insulation , single pane windows... all to reduce weight. I know that there are is a lot of full timers here that will be able to better advise. Have you looked at the Reflection or Solitude lines?

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full time is possible in almost any TT, question is would you want to? Double panes and Vortex/MAXAIR fans would be a must IMO. GDRV rates the imagines as full time or so my local dealer claims. Our 2150RB has the same bath and bedroom as the 2600RB, we are missing the dinette, it is fine for a couple of weeks at a time, but not sure I’d want to live in it.

Check out the Northwood Arctic Fox line. It has a bunch of standard features that are very welcome for full timers.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Campingfeen,
    As a guy who bought a 2500RL 2 years ago i can tell you that the Grand Design imagine leaves a lot to be desired. I would not want to stay in mine full time. Its okay for summer camping. So I just sold ths RV to my sister & purchased a new Outdoors RV 26KVS travel trailer. Wow fit & finish. It blows away Grand Design. The underneath is sealed much better. A steel propane line running down the frame no where near the tires. On the Grand Design the rubber propane line runs down the frame right beside the China bomb tires. Scarey stuff I think. Outdoors RV 10 ply Goodyear trailer tires. More ride suspension its on there. Greaseable fittings on the suspension pins. KYB gas shocks all the way around. Other words you dont have to rebuild the underneath as they have to on the Grand Designs. Solar panel on roof. Converter charger to charge any batteries including Lithium. I went with 4-6 volt AGM's. The Outdoors RV has the best fit & finish of any RV I have seen since my 1997 Holiday Rambler Travel trailer. Extreemly happy so far. They may cost a little more than the Imagine line, but well worth it. Outdoors RV is a match with any Artic Fox, Lance ect. Top end cold weather RV's. Check them out before you spend your money. Good luck & stay safe.
    Russ & Deb
    Myles, Blu & Sadie aka furry kids
    2019 F-150 - 2021-F350 (aka red rocket2)
    2000 F-250 aka the snow plow truck

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Russ Olin makes a bunch of really good points. If I was full timing and wanted a quality built under 30-33 foot TT, I’d be looking at something like Northwoods or Outdoors. Both Northwoods and Outdoors are built in Oregon, the frames were built in the same Northwoods factory a few years ago, not sure if that is still true. Lots of great add ons if you want them and lots of great standard features that many owners add on themselves. Lance also makes some excellent units, however their largest unit is a bit smaller than the 2600RB in my opinion.

Both these manufacturers overbuild in all the right places. Axles can carry the whole trailer loaded, with capacity exceeding the loaded unit including the hitch weight.

The only reason we did not buy the Northwoods was it would have meant a TV upgrade, my F150 could not handle the heavier units. Good luck to the OP with whatever you choose.
    Judy & Larry
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did I see it right on their web site, only 3 dealers in the States and none in Canada?

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Did I see it right on their web site, only 3 dealers in the States and none in Canada?

The web site for both Northwoods and Outdoors are a little strange. They provide a list of dealers, 3 max for Outdoors, close to the city you identify. To my knowledge there are no dealers in Ontario. I think Northwood has one in Quebec. Out west, BC and Alberta we have dealers. The Outdoors dealer is in Chilliwack, the Northwoods dealer between Chilliwack and Abbotsford.
    Judy & Larry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Olin View Post
    Campingfeen,
    As a guy who bought a 2500RL 2 years ago i can tell you that the Grand Design imagine leaves a lot to be desired. I would not want to stay in mine full time. Its okay for summer camping. So I just sold ths RV to my sister & purchased a new Outdoors RV 26KVS travel trailer. Wow fit & finish. It blows away Grand Design. The underneath is sealed much better. A steel propane line running down the frame no where near the tires. On the Grand Design the rubber propane line runs down the frame right beside the China bomb tires. Scarey stuff I think. Outdoors RV 10 ply Goodyear trailer tires. More ride suspension its on there. Greaseable fittings on the suspension pins. KYB gas shocks all the way around. Other words you dont have to rebuild the underneath as they have to on the Grand Designs. Solar panel on roof. Converter charger to charge any batteries including Lithium. I went with 4-6 volt AGM's. The Outdoors RV has the best fit & finish of any RV I have seen since my 1997 Holiday Rambler Travel trailer. Extreemly happy so far. They may cost a little more than the Imagine line, but well worth it. Outdoors RV is a match with any Artic Fox, Lance ect. Top end cold weather RV's. Check them out before you spend your money. Good luck & stay safe.

While I don’t doubt your testament to the quality, it’s nearly impossible to find a selection of Outdoors RVs East of the Mississippi.
    2021 GDRV Reflection 320MKS 5ver (hauled by The Beast)
    The Beast - 2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, CC, LB, DRW, 6.7L Cummins HO, Aisin 6spd, 4wd
    Previous: 2005 Minnie Winnie Class C towing 2014 Mini Cooper Countryman S (both 4 sale)