Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guidance to install a new kitchen sink faucet

Hello to all...

Planning to remove and replace a new sink faucet tomorrow. I have a new On The Go Water softener and a Clear Source water filter as well to install. This is all part of a issue of very low water flow with the kitchen faucet. I've posted in an earlier postal did some troubleshooting and unable to find any obvious issues, kinked lines, leaks etc. so replacing the faucet and adding the filter & water softener. Had planned to do both so will do all at the same time.

My question is, other than shutting off the main RV park water supply, is there any other shutoff, draining I need to do before I start opening water lines for the swap out?

We have a 2019 GD Imagine 2670 MK.

Thanks for any advice, suggestions!!!

Steve
    Steve & Pat
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited MegaCab
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shutting off the main water supply to the trailer is all that is necessary. There will still be some water in the supply lines to your faucet that may dribble out which is no big deal. Not absolutely necessary, but opening your low point drains will drain this water and also take any pressure left in the main supply line. I assume your pump is off since you are on city water.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you are planning to use a residential faucet and not an RV one. That's what I did when I replaced my island. My advice would be to turn off the water heater also. Then, put some towels down inside the sink cabinet after water is off and pressure relieved. Once that's done cut the cold line leading to the faucet and quickly install a residential type shut off valve (typically these are also the pex to compression fitting shut off valves). Then do the hot line. Then remove the old faucet and proceed as normal, with a residential faucet install.

The reason for using a residential faucet is you get shut off valves. RV faucets seem to use a hose filling and lack individual shut offs.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced mine with a residential unit. All that I used was a fitting adapter, going from the RV hose to the faucet. Why would I need shut-off valves?
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used Sharkbite shutoff valves as the transistion to a new residential kitchen faucet. Agree that you don't really need a shutoff valve but it was easy to install the Sharkbite cutoff valves so I just used them. They have held up without any leaks for 3 years. With the Sharkbite all I did was cut the existing supply pex and push on the Sharkbite and then screw on the supply lines to the faucet.

I have since bought a pex crimping tool and that is easy to use also if you just go with standard pex fittings for the transistion.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Shutting off the main water supply to the trailer is all that is necessary. There will still be some water in the supply lines to your faucet that may dribble out which is no big deal. Not absolutely necessary, but opening your low point drains will drain this water and also take any pressure left in the main supply line. I assume your pump is off since you are on city water.
    You are correct dryly, no pump in use - just city water. Thanks!!
    Steve & Pat

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    I hope you are planning to use a residential faucet and not an RV one. That's what I did when I replaced my island. My advice would be to turn off the water heater also. Then, put some towels down inside the sink cabinet after water is off and pressure relieved. Once that's done cut the cold line leading to the faucet and quickly install a residential type shut off valve (typically these are also the pex to compression fitting shut off valves). Then do the hot line. Then remove the old faucet and proceed as normal, with a residential faucet install.

The reason for using a residential faucet is you get shut off valves. RV faucets seem to use a hose filling and lack individual shut offs.
    Hello Chemist! Yes, I did purchase a Delta residential faucet at HD, has the large long neck spout and a sprayer inside the spout. You mentioned shut off valves, is this a recommendation to add?? I'm pretty certain there are none in the box, and Ive never seen a faucet that included them. So I assume your suggesting to add them?? If so, suggestions for type or style?

DW is very excited for the upgrade!!! By turning off the water heater, do you mean the switch the control panel, or something actually inside the water heater panel. Not too familiar with that part.
    Steve & Pat

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    I replaced mine with a residential unit. All that I used was a fitting adapter, going from the RV hose to the faucet. Why would I need shut-off valves?

I also have the adapters, did not get shut off valves - but wondering if it would be wise to add them now, if they're recommended.
    Thanks!
    Steve
    Steve & Pat

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little of the subject, well ok a lot off the subject. See the maps under Richter and chemist's signatures??? See that link under Steve & Pats name?? That is supposed to be our states visited map. Any idea how I fix that?? Id rather see a map then a link - Thanks to all of you!!
    Steve & Pat

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    A little of the subject, well ok a lot off the subject. See the maps under Richter and chemist's signatures??? See that link under Steve & Pats name?? That is supposed to be our states visited map. Any idea how I fix that?? Id rather see a map then a link - Thanks to all of you!!
    Download the image and save it to an album here on the forum then when you open the picture you should find a link you can copy and paste into your signature. Use the go advanced tab and click the image icon, paste link into the dialog box save and go check it out.. hope this works for you
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast