Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 2021 Solitude 375RES questions

hi .. we are looking at buying a 2021 Solitude 375RES
    however.. grand design has not yet updated their site w/ 2021 model details (we have called and spoken to them several times every time its 'in a few weeks' for months now - meanwhile dealers are getting the new models...)

so where we live none are in stock. and due to covid.. unlikely to be in stock til mid summer - if at all (unsold)

we saw one way back in the summer but didnt give it a thorough look thru as we were there to see the RK

wondering if any 2021 owners out there can clear up a few questions?
    thanks in advance

= we are told by GD that the new kitchen sink is 1 sink w/ a moving divider for making 2 bowls out of it - cant find image or details on that.
    = in the various vids we watched etc we see 3 tank pulls - 1 black and 2 grey.. but cant find details on where those tanks are.. ARE there three? and if it's 1 sewer exit or 2?
    = the bathroom .. the toilet looks exceptionally close to both walls.. anyone have one to measure how far from the side walls the toilet is?
    = also bathroom is there a lip along the front of the shower? (ie if the shower glass wasn't there is there still a lip or straight out..)
    = bathroom - how much space is under the sink/counter and in that tiny linen closet?
    = kitchen i see an exhaust vent outside the kitchen wall - is the microwave exhausted?
    = insignia range - is that a storage drawer at the bottom or just trim?
    = kitchen - it seems there is just 10 tiles or so on the range slide.. and 'something' around the window - is it steel? or ?
    = living room.. i see two black squares either side of cupboards above tv - are they speakers?
    = can both sofas fold out same time for beds?

sorry, i know its a lot of questions.. but so far i found only 1 video of the 2021 model. and the 2020 model is different enough to cause questions.

and lastly do you LIKE your 375res? what would you change if you could?

thanks so much
    ciara
    Last edited by ciara_belle; 12-07-2020 at 07:52 AM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an early 2021 385GK (built in May). While I can't answer the majority of your questions, I can tell you that the Insignia range does have a small drawer underneath and the trim around the kitchen window is aluminum or something that looks like it on my trailer.
    2019 Ram 3500 Dually Limited
    2018 F-350 Platinum - SOLD
    2021 Solitude 385GK

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ciara_belle View Post
    hi .. we are looking at buying a 2021 Solitude 375RES
    however.. grand design has not yet updated their site w/ 2021 model details (we have called and spoken to them several times every time its 'in a few weeks' for months now - meanwhile dealers are getting the new models...)

so where we live none are in stock. and due to covid.. unlikely to be in stock til mid summer - if at all (unsold)

we saw one way back in the summer but didnt give it a thorough look thru as we were there to see the RK

wondering if any 2021 owners out there can clear up a few questions?
    thanks in advance

= we are told by GD that the new kitchen sink is 1 sink w/ a moving divider for making 2 bowls out of it - cant find image or details on that. not sure on this one
    = in the various vids we watched etc we see 3 tank pulls - 1 black and 2 grey.. but cant find details on where those tanks are.. ARE there three? and if it's 1 sewer exit or 2? 1 black and 2 grey tanks all exit out 1 drain
    = the bathroom .. the toilet looks exceptionally close to both walls.. anyone have one to measure how far from the side walls the toilet is? 6-8 inches from back wall at least a foot from side wall
    = also bathroom is there a lip along the front of the shower? (ie if the shower glass wasn't there is there still a lip or straight out..)A raised lip of about 4 inches
    = bathroom - how much space is under the sink/counter and in that tiny linen closet?decent under sink space, linen closet will hold quite a bit but hard to reach
    = kitchen i see an exhaust vent outside the kitchen wall - is the microwave exhausted? Yes it's micro vent
    = insignia range - is that a storage drawer at the bottom or just trim?Don't have Insignia oven but do have pull out dog dishes there
    = kitchen - it seems there is just 10 tiles or so on the range slide.. and 'something' around the window - is it steel? or ?Don't remember!
    = living room.. i see two black squares either side of cupboards above tv - are they speakers? Yes they are speakers
    = can both sofas fold out same time for beds?Yes both can be pulled out at same time and still walk between them

sorry, i know its a lot of questions.. but so far i found only 1 video of the 2021 model. and the 2020 model is different enough to cause questions.

thanks so much
    ciara
    Mine is a 2019 375 so they have made a few changes since then but it's all minor stuff. I love the trailer and frankly wouldn't change a thing about it. I would highly recommend the residential fridge model (375 RES-R) and adding a washer/dryer. Good luck in your search.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi, thanks

we've been rv for 17 years, and this is our 3rd 5th wheel, so based on our usage we'll stick to the combo fridge. since we don't full time we don't need the washer dryer or its weight

but appreciate the info.

we just ordered it today. now for the wait

ciara

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ciara_belle View Post
    hi, thanks

we've been rv for 17 years, and this is our 3rd 5th wheel, so based on our usage we'll stick to the combo fridge. since we don't full time we don't need the washer dryer or its weight

but appreciate the info.

we just ordered it today. now for the wait

ciara
    Congrats...how exciting! I think you will really love the 375, waiting will be the hardest part. Happy camping!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought the 375RES 1 month ago. Do you still need answers to your questions? By the way we LOVE it!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferjh View Post
    I just bought the 375RES 1 month ago. Do you still need answers to your questions? By the way we LOVE it!
    hi. thanks yes most of them were answered between here and the facebook forum i joined.. however, i cannot get a straight answer on the sink from anywhere. i was sent pics of a recent model sink.. but again doesn't have a removable divider that GD insists its using now. lol perplexed. ")

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    = we are told by GD that the new kitchen sink is 1 sink w/ a moving divider for making 2 bowls out of it - cant find image or details on that.

I have never seen this type of sink in any GD we looked at.

= in the various vids we watched etc we see 3 tank pulls - 1 black and 2 grey.. but cant find details on where those tanks are.. ARE there three? and if it's 1 sewer exit or 2?

We have a 2021 390RKR
    Yes, there are 2 grey and 1 black. I am not sure of the location where the tanks are but the dump controls are all in one place

= the bathroom .. the toilet looks exceptionally close to both walls.. anyone have one to measure how far from the side walls the toilet is?

The toilet is angled and far enough from the wall. Looks like about 8-10”

= also bathroom is there a lip along the front of the shower? (ie if the shower glass wasn't there is there still a lip or straight out..)

Yes, the lip is about 5-6”

= bathroom - how much space is under the sink/counter and in that tiny linen closet?

A lot of under sink storage. I keep all my washer detergent and tablets plus personal and misc items there. Linen closet has three shelves and the bottom is large enough to store a lot of toilet paper.

= kitchen i see an exhaust vent outside the kitchen wall - is the microwave exhausted?
    Yes

= insignia range - is that a storage drawer at the bottom or just trim?
    I don’t have this type of range

= kitchen - it seems there is just 10 tiles or so on the range slide.. and 'something' around the window - is it steel? or ?
    Again not like this in our model

= living room.. i see two black squares either side of cupboards above tv - are they speakers?

Ours is storage and the tv/sound controls

= can both sofas fold out same time for beds?
    Yes, and there is a small space with both open

I feel any GD you choose will be GREAT and will exceed your expectations. They are built solid. Most companies build there TRAILERS and then fit this on the CHASSY, GD build the trailer ON the chassy. Making a much better build. The floor is not cold when it’s cold outside Ike most are. It feels homey when relaxing. We love ours!

thanks so much
    ciara

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks Copnrobr

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pics of our rig's build -- last friday (sorry they are correctly rotated on my pc -- but i cant seem to get them to post right here )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7949.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	32126

Name:	IMG_7951.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	32123

Name:	IMG_7945.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	32122

Name:	IMG_7948.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	32124

Name:	IMG_7946.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	32125
    Last edited by ciara_belle; 02-15-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast