Hey guys,

So I've been wanting a cell booster. I have a great data plan on my phone with hotspot, but when we are in remote areas I have trouble playing movies on the smart tv. I have noticed that I can place my cellphone right outside the camper and then the hotspot is broadcast inside to the Roku TV and my laptop. Instead of paying $500 for a weBoost, I have considered getting a home cell booster to plug into my outdoor kitchen. We always keep the kitchen lid up but it is protected from the elements by the awning. It seems like a simple and much cheaper solution since it will pick up the outside signal and boost it to the inside. Then I can continue using my phone as a hotspot. Am I underthinking this? I don't really need a booster that works in motion, so I think a home booster will work just fine.

While the high price of the weBoost is one factor, I am more turned off by the installation process. I have already gone to great lengths installing my own camera system and I'm not too keen on adding more upgrades that can't easily be transferred to a newer camper if I upgrade in a year or two. A portable system that is plug and play seems much more convenient for my situation.

Also, if anyone else has done this, what home booster would you recommend?