User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oven Replacement

I hate my Furion oven. It doesn't hold temperature, and is really finicky to set--like 400 usually means between 350 and 370, but sometimes not, and I have to play with it to get close to 350. Set the oven to a temperatures of 350 or 375? Good luck, as the best I can do is a +/- 10 to 15 degree range of my target.

So, what can I replace it with? I'm in a Reflection 337RLS. Are there any residential options that fit? Or are there any RV ones that are better?
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suggestion- you may want to try and place a square pizza stone on the heat deflector above the flame. That worked for me. Evens out the heat and provides a more constant temp. Plenary of stone options on Amazon. Mine is a couple inches smaller than the deflector.
    Good Luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFisher View Post
    Suggestion- you may want to try and place a square pizza stone on the heat deflector above the flame. That worked for me. Evens out the heat and provides a more constant temp. Plenary of stone options on Amazon. Mine is a couple inches smaller than the deflector.
    Good Luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So, what do you set the oven at when you want to bake at 350? How about 375?
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We took ours completely out! We replaced the cooktop with a two burner induction which I love. We have. A convection/microwave that I can do anything in. Works for us and I wouldn’t go back! We also gained 3 drawers under the cooktop!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This has been discussed numerous times, so I suggest a search. However measure your opening dimensions and search for apartment stoves/ovens the down side is they may require 110 to operate to oven igniter, etc, just like the new brand being used by GD now.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is the temperature selector is not in any way tied to a thermostat that I am aware of, you are simply throttling the amount of gas that goes to the burner which is not very precise. To further compound the issue, it is in a mobile kitchen so now you have to deal with variances in air density due ot different altitudes. So you will never get accurate oven temps out of these RV ovens until they actually start controlling them with a digital temperature setting that has thermostatic control. For now your best option is to convert to a convection oven....
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    I hate my Furion oven. It doesn't hold temperature, and is really finicky to set--like 400 usually means between 350 and 370, but sometimes not, and I have to play with it to get close to 350. Set the oven to a temperatures of 350 or 375? Good luck, as the best I can do is a +/- 10 to 15 degree range of my target.

So, what can I replace it with? I'm in a Reflection 337RLS. Are there any residential options that fit? Or are there any RV ones that are better?
    Our Furion oven needs to be turned up close to 50 degrees to get close to the correct temp. I hang an oven thermometer in the oven. It helps a little. The fan is the annoying part. The spark lighter is the only good part of the unit.
    When we go full time, the toaster oven will be coming with us. It cooks very well. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will attest that using a pizza stone works wonders at stabilizing the temperature in the oven. It acts as a massive heat sink helping to keep the temperature above it more constant. I used an infrared temperature device for my test. I generally don't use the oven but with the new trailer I did decide to test its operation this past fall. It is quite small and I really would like to have had the option to just have the range and more drawers. I doubt I will ever fire it up again.
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrovsky View Post
    I will attest that using a pizza stone works wonders at stabilizing the temperature in the oven. It acts as a massive heat sink helping to keep the temperature above it more constant. I used an infrared temperature device for my test. I generally don't use the oven but with the new trailer I did decide to test its operation this past fall. It is quite small and I really would like to have had the option to just have the range and more drawers. I doubt I will ever fire it up again.
    You could probably take the unit out and just install a range top. MY guess is you could find a drawer cabinet to fit from other models. The other possibility is a range top and separate stand alone larger oven below.

Just food for thought
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we talking about the regular oven or the convection oven. For the regular, we have not had any temp problems with our Furion oven, but most of our cooking is on the outdoor grill or the stovetop.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS