Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manually Retracting front jacks on a 2020 260RD fifth wheel

Hi,
    I bought a 2020 Grand Design 1500 Series 260RD fifth wheel this summer. I like to know how to manually lift the front jacks in case I have no power or something breaks and the auto system does not work. The rear jacks are easy enough but I cannot locate where on the front jacks to manually crank the jacks up or down.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the family and the forum!

I don't know what system you have in order to try to help you. When posting questions specific to a item, please give the name and model of it in order to get answer specific to your question. The only point that I can make to help is that I an sure that the procedure that you are inquiring about is covered in your owners manual, and probably one or seven videos on Youtube.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You should have a long handle crank that fits through a hole beside the LP tanks on the street side, Its easy to miss as it is inside the LP cabinet on the back wall. This crank is different than the ones for the rear jacks. On my to do list is to fabricate one for my drill driver.

Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I will look there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi folks! My front jacks stopped working and the trailer is still on the truck. 5th wheel Grand Design Reflection. I found the hole where the socket goes into to manually drop the trailer down but what size socket goes on there? Thank you so much in advance for any help! Don

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    Hi folks! My front jacks stopped working and the trailer is still on the truck. 5th wheel Grand Design Reflection. I found the hole where the socket goes into to manually drop the trailer down but what size socket goes on there? Thank you so much in advance for any help! Don
    Assuming you got the auto electric Leveling System.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...themeRefresh=1

May also recommend getting an cordless drill with a 90 degree drill attachment to make it a little less cumbersome.
    Last edited by trailrydr; 10-04-2023 at 02:28 PM.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)