User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Thanks folks I found a great deal at my local BB&B store. on a Chef's Choice unit. Decided to buy local. If it does not work I can take it back.

Appreciate all the help.
    Great choice; super easy to use. Knives will be sharper than new. You can use the third stage for serrated blades too.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks folks I found a great deal at my local BB&B store. on a Chef's Choice unit. Decided to buy local. If it does not work I can take it back.

Appreciate all the help.
    Good grab on that. They work well, especially on kitchen blades.

Remember there is a difference between sharpening and honing. Once you get them sharp, hone them. You shouldn't need to sharpen knives outside of hunting, utility and beater blades all that often. And each time you sharpen, a little metal is removed.

You'll be ready for the Christmas roast!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite for years is the Spyderco sharpener,
    https://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Tri-...ag=googhydr-20. Probably 20+ years ago I witnessed a demonstration of this sharpener where a plain jane pocket knife (from the audience) was sharpened to the point it would shave the print off a magazine page, believe it or not but I purchased it and with a little practice I was able to achieve the same results. Been using it every since, It also sharpens just about any thing. Comes with a nice manual on "how to". I also like using a good sharpening steel, along with a good piece of leather to use a a "strap" if I want that added edge. I added a link to Amazon, hopefully it works correctly, sort of new to this forum.
    Dana & Janet H.
    New Orleans, La.
    Imagine 2450RL (MY2020)
    2018 GMC 1500 Sierra, SLT Z71 4X4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana H View Post
    My favorite for years is the Spyderco sharpener,
    https://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Tri-...ag=googhydr-20. Probably 20+ years ago I witnessed a demonstration of this sharpener where a plain jane pocket knife (from the audience) was sharpened to the point it would shave the print off a magazine page, believe it or not but I purchased it and with a little practice I was able to achieve the same results. Been using it every since, It also sharpens just about any thing. Comes with a nice manual on "how to". I also like using a good sharpening steel, along with a good piece of leather to use a a "strap" if I want that added edge. I added a link to Amazon, hopefully it works correctly, sort of new to this forum.
    I actually have one of those (different brand). Never got it to really work, especially on dull blades. My parents gave it to me when they downsized many years ago.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
    I use and love the Worksharp-Ken-Onion-Edition-Knife-Sharpener https://kphs.us/2K7kqb5. It is quick, easy and does an excellent long lasting job. Note, I did not say it was inexpensive.
    Ok, now I want one. To go with my other sharpeners. This one looks like the bomb. Thanks.....
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2400
    2019 F150 XLT 4x4, 3.5 EcoBoost

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Duke View Post
    Ok, now I want one. To go with my other sharpeners. This one looks like the bomb. Thanks.....
    I have a couple of their sharpeners. Good stuff. Look for deals because they are pricey and the deals help a good amount. Their electric sharpeners are much better than their other ones. They do make kitchen specific one. Great quality and awesome customer service.

https://www.worksharptools.com/

My goal in life is to figure out how to use a whet stone and actually get a successful razor sharp knife. I guess I am not patient enough.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spyderco sharpener

The One Who Must Be Obeyed is getting tired of dull knives. I have used several pull through hand sharpeners on them, but they dull quickly. They are good knives (Chicago Cutlery) I have even got out my diamond knife hone, but again I know I must be doing something wrong. I have been looking at a few 3 station electric ones, but all have a few bad reviews. What are folks using to keep knives sharp, and the boss unit happy. Sometimes I think she will throw them at me when she runs across another dull one - so you could be saving my life

Thanks
    Keith

Love this thing. Does and awesome job... Razor sharp

http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=77

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulKuda View Post
    I have used too many over the years. Some fancy. Some basic. Some manual. Some electric. Wet. Dry. Expensive. Cheap. I alway find myself using the Lansky. It's all what you are skilled at and comfortable with and of course... Your budget!

This is like asking what shoes you like or what tires for your truck. Interested to see others have to say

https://www.target.com/p/lansky-prof...39#lnk=sametab

I second the Lansky sharpeners. I bought a set for the house and a second set for the camper, both from Academy. I never could put a decent edge with crock stick, whetstone or the pull through kind. I like that Lansky has coarse and fine sticks at 20 or 25 degrees. My wife is finally happy with my sharpening capabilities. Happy Wife,Happy Life.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worksharp for me!

The One Who Must Be Obeyed is getting tired of dull knives. I have used several pull through hand sharpeners on them, but they dull quickly. They are good knives (Chicago Cutlery) I have even got out my diamond knife hone, but again I know I must be doing something wrong. I have been looking at a few 3 station electric ones, but all have a few bad reviews. What are folks using to keep knives sharp, and the boss unit happy. Sometimes I think she will throw them at me when she runs across another dull one - so you could be saving my life

Thanks
    Keith
    I also can recommend the Worksharp system. I use their systems for my knives as well as chisels in my woodworking.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 29RS
    2017 Ford F-250 Diesel "King Ranch"

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wusthof Uses a power Belt Sharpener. Awesome. Knives too expensive but the sharpener is value. Look it up. I bet she will approve for XMas!

Altidude.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast