User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Best knife sharpner

The One Who Must Be Obeyed is getting tired of dull knives. I have used several pull through hand sharpeners on them, but they dull quickly. They are good knives (Chicago Cutlery) I have even got out my diamond knife hone, but again I know I must be doing something wrong. I have been looking at a few 3 station electric ones, but all have a few bad reviews. What are folks using to keep knives sharp, and the boss unit happy. Sometimes I think she will throw them at me when she runs across another dull one - so you could be saving my life

Thanks
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used too many over the years. Some fancy. Some basic. Some manual. Some electric. Wet. Dry. Expensive. Cheap. I alway find myself using the Lansky. It's all what you are skilled at and comfortable with and of course... Your budget!

This is like asking what shoes you like or what tires for your truck. Interested to see others have to say

https://www.target.com/p/lansky-prof...39#lnk=sametab

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulKuda View Post
    I have used too many over the years. Some fancy. Some basic. Some manual. Some electric. Wet. Dry. Expensive. Cheap. I alway find myself using the Lansky. It's all what you are skilled at and comfortable with and of course... Your budget!

This is like asking what shoes you like or what tires for your truck. Interested to see others have to say

https://www.target.com/p/lansky-prof...39#lnk=sametab

I have something similar to that including the V angle stones. They just don't seem to work for me. Thanks for the help
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smith's Arkansas flat stones for me, but then again, I hand sharpen all of my knives. The key is to keep them sharp, otherwise it's a pain in the rear to get a dull blade sharp.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Smith's Arkansas flat stones for me, but then again, I hand sharpen all of my knives. The key is to keep them sharp, otherwise it's a pain in the rear to get a dull blade sharp.

Agreed!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use and love the Worksharp-Ken-Onion-Edition-Knife-Sharpener https://kphs.us/2K7kqb5. It is quick, easy and does an excellent long lasting job. Note, I did not say it was inexpensive.
    Dennis, Pat, Prince and the Lady - Western New York
    2018 Solitude 310GK- 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Work Sharp Ken Onion is the way to go!
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diamond Hone Sharpener #42 . Works well for us.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    The One Who Must Be Obeyed is getting tired of dull knives. I have used several pull through hand sharpeners on them, but they dull quickly. They are good knives (Chicago Cutlery) I have even got out my diamond knife hone, but again I know I must be doing something wrong. I have been looking at a few 3 station electric ones, but all have a few bad reviews. What are folks using to keep knives sharp, and the boss unit happy. Sometimes I think she will throw them at me when she runs across another dull one - so you could be saving my life

Thanks
    Keith
    So, hate to say it, but knife sharpening is an art, whether it's by hand or with a machine.

Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
    I use and love the Worksharp-Ken-Onion-Edition-Knife-Sharpener https://kphs.us/2K7kqb5. It is quick, easy and does an excellent long lasting job. Note, I did not say it was inexpensive.
    Interesting
    Price does not scare me. If I take all my knives to the pro sharpener I would probably pay more, and he uses a belt system.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast