User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmaly76 View Post
    i don't think the electric option on our absorbsion refrigerator cools nearly as efficiently as the electric option. I think I would miss that option.
    Well, it's not an ammonia absorption fridge.

It is a 12 volt compressor driven fridge. Basically like your home fridge, but run on 12 volt instead of 120.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    huntr70,
    I'm aware of the difference between the absorbion vs compression for refrigerator cooling. I have just established a biased against an electric option as it does not seem as efficient specifically in the absorbption refrigerator. I've read some more comforting comments about how well the 12v compressor driven fridge works. It would be interesting to compare running the absorbption on propane to the 12v compressor driven refigerator. I still think I would miss the propane option.
    -Rob M

2021 Imagine XLS 21BHE "Wanda Travelmor"
    Everything we wanted in a trailer, nothing we didn't.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our new Transcend Xplor 260RV came with a 12 volt only Furrion 8 cf refrigerator. On mid-setting it cooled down to 11-freezer / 45-refrigerator. The specifications state that the rated current is 11A @ startup and maximum cooling setting. Until I get my battery monitor hooked up I can't verify this, but I suspect it is close. So, on a 100A lead acid better which will provide 50A, I suspect you will get around ~10 hours (considering cycling at 50%). I added another battery so I should get twice the run time, but my RV also came with a solar panel (will add a second one soon) which will charge that batteries so I don't know what my actual run time will be. Once I figure it out I will update those post.

Bill Davies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 221rb came with the Furrion 12v refrigerator and solar power. Had been working fine, but this weekend it stopped cooling. We were on 30amp shore power (with surge) and the interior switch on the fridge was just a notch above the coolest setting. After a few hours the interior light dimmed when opening the refrigerator door and temps started to climb. If I turned interior switch to the “off” position the light came back on fully, but now no cold refrigerator. Battery was at 14 amps, fuses not blown, setting in utility station was set to “battery” and inverter light was green for lithium.
    I have no clue what the problem can be. Tried unplugging from shore and use battery only on “off-grid” setting, plugged it to the truck as well, still no change.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KayMarie View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with the new refrigerators that are powered by electric and/or solar power - not electric and propane as we are use to. If we have a choice, which type would you recommend - the electric/solar or the electric/propane?
    I have just installed a new Furrion 12 volt in a 2016 27RL. It Cools quickly. It gives you alot more interior space. You can youtube for more information. One thing that I dont like is it will shut off if the ambient temp goes below 50 degrees. If we were using the trailer more and had the furnace running in the trailer, I am sure it would not be an issue. We are in Ontario Canada and the outside temp has been going into single digit celcius. The fridge comes right back on when it gets warmer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12