User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chairs go on bed with moving blanket on top. Table goes upside down on moving blanket.

With this change we have more counter space than most rigs - and tons of open floor space. You won’t miss the storage. You will run out of weight capacity long before space.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While new to the whole TT experience we really enjoy the 2450RL, Got in July 2020, last one the dealer had. Luckily thus far no return trips back to the dealer for any warranty issues.
    Only change we really have made is we ante up to replace the dinette's folding base with an single air pedestal type.
    The bathroom overall is s a little smaller but shower size the same. The wife loves the cabinets in the bathroom and the wardrobe in the bedroom.
    We also like the single door, unfortunately is even with the exit door.
    the outside awning is 21' so that is nice.
    My tongue weight runs in the 900# range (w/bathroom scale method)and we typically carry only about 1/3 fresh water and the other tanks empty to minimum levels.
    Pulling it with the 2018 GMC as you can see and once I tuned the WDH system with the added sway bar its been fine, If I had to do it over again I would probably get a better WDH system, but this one is doing fine, and once i replace the tires with higher loading I think things will improve as will any safety factors.
    The only thing we are short on is our trucks payload, but I don't see that as and issue for us and the 2 dogs, not much extra is needed in the truck bed, mainly a few tools and ice chest.
    Our only future addition will be to beef up the rear bumper with extra supports and add a bike rack and 2 bikes.
    Also looking to figure out a thermostat upgrade that would allow us to run the A/C fan while in heat mode.
    So all in all happy campers...
    Dana & Janet H.
    New Orleans, La.
    Imagine 2450RL (MY2020)
    2018 GMC 1500 Sierra, SLT Z71 4X4

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it's worth we just came back from our first real trip with our 2021 2500RL. 1100 tow miles over a week with a 2019 RAM Rebel and averaged ~7.5 mpg in a mix of flat and mountains in GA. Zero issues towing with that setup and a good brake controller and WDH with sway control. Transmission temp never changed by more than 7 degrees even up or down steep inclines. The only issue was two longer (4-5hrs) days with winds at 15-20 where we definitely felt the movement but never felt unsafe. We kept highway speed to 63-65 mph and were comfortable but ready for a break every 2-2.5 hrs, which was good because that was about the fuel range. All said, I am not rushing to buy a new truck but if I was going to tow long distances full time I would go to a one-ton, long bed, SRW truck. I talked to a couple of people with similar rigs and diesel 3/4 tons with the same capacity or less so that doesn't make sense to me. And we love the 2500RL! Perfect for us as a couple. Aaron

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_E View Post
    For what it's worth we just came back from our first real trip with our 2021 2500RL. 1100 tow miles over a week with a 2019 RAM Rebel and averaged ~7.5 mpg in a mix of flat and mountains in GA. Zero issues towing with that setup and a good brake controller and WDH with sway control. Transmission temp never changed by more than 7 degrees even up or down steep inclines. The only issue was two longer (4-5hrs) days with winds at 15-20 where we definitely felt the movement but never felt unsafe. We kept highway speed to 63-65 mph and were comfortable but ready for a break every 2-2.5 hrs, which was good because that was about the fuel range. All said, I am not rushing to buy a new truck but if I was going to tow long distances full time I would go to a one-ton, long bed, SRW truck. I talked to a couple of people with similar rigs and diesel 3/4 tons with the same capacity or less so that doesn't make sense to me. And we love the 2500RL! Perfect for us as a couple. Aaron
    Thanks for the honest write up !! I have pretty much decided that since my wife and I are both retired and can pretty much go anywhere in a day or two notice, we will be upgrading to a 3/4 ton. I was really set on the New Ford PowerBoost full Hybrid but the payload is very disappointing. I am still looking hard at the Non Hybrid 3.5 with max Tow and Heavy Duty Payload but I still do not think it will get me over 2k in payload. Realistically thats what I need to load everything in the bed of my Truck, people, Dog weight, Tongue and Hitch weight. Even 2k with everything I would be at max. So, unless I can find a unicorn 1/2 ton 3.5 Ecoboost Crew Cab FX4 Package I believe the right move for me is a 3/4 ton. It will also be my daily driver of course. Here is the kicker when I think they (3/4 Ton Trucks) don't get to good mileage, my 2007 Honda Ridgleine got worse mileage then what the 2500 Gassers are getting,,,

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_E View Post

Ram Rebel 2019
    Payload Capacity 1,528 to 1,929 lbs
    Image result for 2019 ram rebel payload capacity
    Towing capacity: 6,460 to 7,520 lbs
    Sharp truck
    Grand Design 2500RL, GVWR- 7495 lbs,

I have the 2500rL and Ram 2500
    I think you are pulling something to heavy for your trucks specs. That’s a lot on your rear axel.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Daebado;335169]
    I am towing a 2021 2500 RL with a 2020 F-150 FX4 with 8cyl engine. I have a Super Cab with a 6.5 ft bed. My door sticker says I can carry 2063lbs. This is a lot more than on a older F-150.

I have a Fastaway E2 2-point sway control round bar hitch. I haven’t had any problems so far. One thing I like is that when I use the Imagine electric jack to equalize the truck and trailer to put the bars on, the backend of the truck is raised and it is easy to attach the chains without bending over and hunting for the safety rungs.

I set the cruise on 65 because if I don’t I end up doing 75-80. I like to go 5 mph under the speed limit when towing and 5 over when not towing.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2018 Imagine 2500 RL and for the past 3 years have towed it with a 2018 F150 FX4 3.5 Eco. My wife and I really enjoy the trailer and the experiences it's opened up for us - we've traveled to many places that we never would have got to see without the Imagine. My payload calculations with the F150 were based on 1600 lbs - so when everything was loaded up I was close to max. The 3.5 Eco had lots of torque and pulled the trailer just fine - my issues were with strong crosswinds when I had to hold the wheel with both hands. I'm hoping to travel from one side of Canada to the other over the next couple of years and just purchased a 2021 Chevrolet 2500 HD High Country with the Duramax diesel. I haven't pulled the 2500 RL with it yet - but I know it will make life travelling across the Rocky Mountains a more pleasant adventure.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=BigSam;342060]
    Quote Originally Posted by Daebado View Post
    I am towing a 2021 2500 RL with a 2020 F-150 FX4 with 8cyl engine. I have a Super Cab with a 6.5 ft bed. My door sticker says I can carry 2063lbs. This is a lot more than on a older F-150.

I have a Fastaway E2 2-point sway control round bar hitch. I haven’t had any problems so far. One thing I like is that when I use the Imagine electric jack to equalize the truck and trailer to put the bars on, the backend of the truck is raised and it is easy to attach the chains without bending over and hunting for the safety rungs.

I set the cruise on 65 because if I don’t I end up doing 75-80. I like to go 5 mph under the speed limit when towing and 5 over when not towing.
    If you don’t mind me asking what is the GVWR on the sticker? The older F150s were in the 7000# range. Your payload is much higher than most non-heavy duty payload package trucks.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Skiddy;342094]
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSam View Post

If you don’t mind me asking what is the GVWR on the sticker? The older F150s were in the 7000# range. Your payload is much higher than most non-heavy duty payload package trucks.
    7050# GVWR Package
    36 gal extended range gas tank
    5.0L V8 3.55 Electronic lock RR axle
    9100# tow
    Combined weight if passengers and cargo 2066

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have put around 8000 miles on our 2019 2500RL, most of those pulling with a 2012 F150 5.0. We live in CO, and going up to the Eisenhower tunnel she works pretty hard, but otherwise it pulled really well. The one caveat being strong or gusty crosswinds (I-80 in WY to be specific). I had added an extra leaf spring to the rear of the truck and put Bilstein shocks in as well. That made a big difference. I never weighed the tongue (but maybe should have??). Either way, other than the aforementioned crosswinds, I never felt uncomfortable pulling with that truck.

Last fall we upgraded to an F-350 6.7L Diesel SRW in anticipation of upgrading to a Solitude. What an amazing difference that makes pulling the Imagine. Going up hills which previously would have had us down in 3rd gear screaming in the 150, the 350 never leaves 6th gear.

Having pulled with both a 1/2 ton and a 1-ton, I would definitely advocate for more truck. As someone mentioned earlier, adding a better WDH or something can help with your comfort while driving, but at the end of the day, the truck needs to control the trailer and not the other way around.
    2019 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL
    2019 F-350 SRW
    Grand Design Solitude 390RK-R on order!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast