User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a 2016 Canyon with the baby Duramax. Pulled at 65mph all day no worries and great mileage. Went with a propride hitch since I was close to maxing out the baby Duramax. Upgraded to a GMC 3500 AT4 w/Duramax. Now I forget its behind me until I look at the fuel gauge. Although I don't think it matters what I am towing its always going to be meh for MPG. Still using the propride though. On a trip through Idaho we hit a storm. Truck in front of me almost went off the road hitting the breaks from the wind. Lets just say I had the cruise at 75 and didn't think twice.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been a great read regarding the trailer and tow vehicles.

I have a 2021 2500RL, and tow with a 2019 Sierra Denali 1500. 6.2L engine with heavy-duty tow package. Short box. Great creature comforts and towing features. Hitch is Curt TruTrack WDH rated to 15K. Have had no problem towing in the midwest for single day trips but life can be challenging going around Chicago on the Interstate. Not for the faint of heart. This vehicle has been great for our adventures, but would certainly upgrade to a 2500 if heading west or over the mountain. Yes, I need to get to the CAT scales to check out my weights, and make adjustments to my load based on that. Never travel with water or waste to keep our weight down. Dealer service staff also checked my weight ratings for truck and camper to validate my concerns, and I did not purchase the truck from them!

Much has been said that larger truck if better if you can swing it. I totally agree. However, for the weekend warrior or close to home camper, a half ton can do it if you have the correct set up on your truck.

Safety first!

mjg
    MJGUTH
    2021 Imagine 2500RL
    2019 GMC Denali 1500 6.2L
    Curt TruTrack 15K WDH

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjguth View Post
    This has been a great read regarding the trailer and tow vehicles.

I have a 2021 2500RL, and tow with a 2019 Sierra Denali 1500. 6.2L engine with heavy-duty tow package. Short box. Great creature comforts and towing features. Hitch is Curt TruTrack WDH rated to 15K. Have had no problem towing in the midwest for single day trips but life can be challenging going around Chicago on the Interstate. Not for the faint of heart. This vehicle has been great for our adventures, but would certainly upgrade to a 2500 if heading west or over the mountain. Yes, I need to get to the CAT scales to check out my weights, and make adjustments to my load based on that. Never travel with water or waste to keep our weight down. Dealer service staff also checked my weight ratings for truck and camper to validate my concerns, and I did not purchase the truck from them!

Much has been said that larger truck if better if you can swing it. I totally agree. However, for the weekend warrior or close to home camper, a half ton can do it if you have the correct set up on your truck.

Safety first!

mjg
    My only question is what the relevance of a weekend warrior would be to accident avoidance or control of the camper in case of a blowout. These incidence can come at anytime

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567