User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    What does the factory "Solar Power Charging System (If So Equipped)" come with? 300w panel and what else? KEN

• Jaboni 30 amp remote display for MPPT controller
    • Cable for remote display 20'
    • Jaboni Solar charge controller 30 amp MPPT
    • Magnum Dimensions 2000w Inverter CSW2012
    • Jaboni Solar docking port
    • Jaboni 300w solar panel w/ mounting brackets 30” pigtail MC4 connect

Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllGood! View Post
    Thanks powerscol; if you're referring to the Owner's Manual, it was the first place I looked. Unfortunately, the "Solar Power Charging System (If So Equipped)" section in the manual is limited to two small unhelpful paragraphs. I did receive additional documents for some of the systems components, but not all and have had to search for them on-line.

I did get the power cord off of the reel and connected to shore power. I then checked the status indicator light on the charge controller and it is now a steady (non-flashing) blue like. In addition, the remote is displaying input values from the solar panel and the battery charge status. I didn't find anything that was left on so I'm still at a loss as to what drained the batteries and why the solar changing system would shutdown but will follow Rob's advice and contact GD tomorrow.

Tom
    Where are you?
    How much sun are the panels seeing?

HERE is the solar charge controller manual. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does the factory "Solar Power Charging System (If So Equipped)" come with? 300w panel and what else? KEN
    I can only speak to the Solitudes: a 300 watt panel, a Jaboni charge controller, and with the residential fridge a 2,000 watt inverter. The owner is responsible for the batteries if you don't want the lead-acid batteries the dealer will install. We added two Battle Born LiFePO4 batteries to complete our setup.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I can only speak to the Solitudes: a 300 watt panel, a Jaboni charge controller, and with the residential fridge a 2,000 watt inverter. The owner is responsible for the batteries if you don't want the lead-acid batteries the dealer will install. We added two Battle Born LiFePO4 batteries to complete our setup.

Rob
    Thanks Rob.

Brian gave me the list in post #11 .

Jaboni 30 amp remote display for MPPT controller
    Cable for remote display 20'
    Jaboni Solar charge controller 30 amp MPPT
    Magnum Dimensions 2000w Inverter CSW2012
    Jaboni Solar docking port
    Jaboni 300w solar panel w/ mounting brackets 30” pigtail MC4 connect

Our Solitude with the residential refrigerator came with a 1000w inverter, but it ONLY powers the frig.

What did GD connect your inverter to? How many outlets? KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob.

Brian gave me the list in post #11 .

Jaboni 30 amp remote display for MPPT controller
    Cable for remote display 20'
    Jaboni Solar charge controller 30 amp MPPT
    Magnum Dimensions 2000w Inverter CSW2012
    Jaboni Solar docking port
    Jaboni 300w solar panel w/ mounting brackets 30” pigtail MC4 connect

Our Solitude with the residential refrigerator came with a 1000w inverter, but it ONLY powers the frig.

What did GD connect your inverter to? How many outlets? KEN
    Haven't checked all outlets, yet, but I know that the entertainment center, the outlet on the street side of the couch, and the outlet under the upper hutch cabinet are on the inverter. I'll eventually get around to checking the rest...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllGood! View Post
    We purchased our "retirement" camper this summer, a 2021 310-GK, but by the time we got it there was only time to take one trip. So much to learn about 5th wheels...
    Anyway, it's winterized now and in checking in on our "new baby" this week I noticed the batteries are dead. With the old travel trailer, I took out the battery and connected it to a battery tender. Since the new camper has the factory installed solar system, I was under the impression it would keep the batteries changed (which was the primary reason for buying it). I know (Ok, I think I know) the system was working before so was surprised to find them dead and wonder if there is something I forgot to do? Unfortunately, the information provided on the solar system is lacking, to put it nicely so I'm at a loss and would appreciate any guidance from those far more knowledgeable.
    Could it be that you have the smaller factory solar panel
    and not the 300 watt optional setup?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All. Bill here. I'm new to the forum and RVing. I see this thread is over a year old but I have questions about the proper way to disconnect the rig's battery with the solar system connected and on. Maybe I'll get an answer to my question this year though. The poorly written Furrion MPPT Solar Charge Controller manual states that the solar panel array should never be connected to the controller unless a battery is connected to the controller first. Okay. I also know there is a small electrical draw for the items stated in the previous replies. So now I want to remove the battery cause it's slowly dying and I have no power available at the rig's present position. It's been suggested to simply remove the battery, however, as the manual states, I shouldn't do that -- or should I?
    Bill
    2021 C-2500HD Duramax; B&W Champion; Reese Airborne Sidewinder
    2022 341RDS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @JustDucky, odd coincidence. I literally just pulled my batteries out today to bring them home to charge. 1 week old GD 5th wheel. I have no idea why batteries died so fast while trailer was in storage.

I'll work on they problem after starting with freshly charged batteries...and after the snow on top of the solar panel has melted.

I read the same warning note in the Furrion manual that you referred to. I called GD Customer Support today and their answer was to just pull the battery disconnect key, and then remove the batteries.

I hope they gave me the right instructions. Please report back if you hear different.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Mike and Rebecca Mullin, Bend OR
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2001 Chev 2500 HD, 8.1-liter gas, 4x4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDucky View Post
    Hi All. Bill here. I'm new to the forum and RVing. I see this thread is over a year old but I have questions about the proper way to disconnect the rig's battery with the solar system connected and on. Maybe I'll get an answer to my question this year though. The poorly written Furrion MPPT Solar Charge Controller manual states that the solar panel array should never be connected to the controller unless a battery is connected to the controller first. Okay. I also know there is a small electrical draw for the items stated in the previous replies. So now I want to remove the battery cause it's slowly dying and I have no power available at the rig's present position. It's been suggested to simply remove the battery, however, as the manual states, I shouldn't do that -- or should I?
    The proper order is to disconnect solar panels first, then disconnect the controller from the batterys. A proper install should have circuit breakers between the panels and the controller and between the controller an the batterys, or at a minimum switches. Both positive and negative shout be disconnected.

Then in the spring connect the controller to the batterys before connecting the solar panels.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmullin View Post
    @JustDucky, odd coincidence. I literally just pulled my batteries out today to bring them home to charge. 1 week old GD 5th wheel. I have no idea why batteries died so fast while trailer was in storage.

I'll work on they problem after starting with freshly charged batteries...and after the snow on top of the solar panel has melted.

I read the same warning note in the Furrion manual that you referred to. I called GD Customer Support today and their answer was to just pull the battery disconnect key, and then remove the batteries.

I hope they gave me the right instructions. Please report back if you hear different.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    If you panels were covered with snow there would be 0 output so the parasitic drains take over. There are some things constantly on such as propane detectors, power to radio and others that the disconnect key will not turn off. This drain can kill a battery in a few days. Also if your disconnect key is off (key can be removed)- the batterys may not charge depending on how the solar is wired. Trace the wiring from the controller and see where it ties in.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast