User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep in mind that the upgrade was also an up charge, but well worth it
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Branden.Gray View Post
    Bashing the tire choice, not the entire Grand Design brand. There is a reason that I have a Grand Design after a year of researching brands and models. When it comes to cutting corners on safety, I will gladly pass along information, if it's taking as bashing the brand; so be it. Read plenty of discussions and was already well aware of the problems with these tires. Just assumed that Grand Design had made the switch to something remotely satisfactory.
    Assuming is never a good thing. As I read your rant the first thing that came to mind is that you were clearly aware of the problems with the smaller Westlakes when you bought the trailer. What made you assume they would not be on your trailer and why did you not change them right away?
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Westlake Tires are JUNK and a safety hazard.

Picked up my brand new fresh out of Indiana GD imagine 2400 bh on November 27th and it has Westlake tires on it
    Immediately drove back home 1300 km with no issues whatsoever
    Last edited by NB Canada; 12-19-2020 at 03:23 PM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I knew about the questionable record of the "E" rated Westlake tires way back in late 2015 when we ordered our 2016 Reflection. It only took a few minutes of research. I replaced those tires the day we took delivery. I'm surprised a new 2600RB came with Westlake E rated tires. I thought Grand Design switched to the Goodyear Endurance at least a year ago.
    Grand design did not switch to Goodyear on the Imagine Series. They did on the Reflections. Every new Imagine I’ve seen has come off the line Westlakes.
    Last edited by Double Eagle; 12-19-2020 at 04:10 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amen to these posts--We had two blow outs with usual damage to trailer fenders & body work. One of these episodes was on a Los Angeles freeway which was really hectic. We finally replaced the two remaining China bombs as well as the two recently purchased tires to a complete 10 ply matched set.So far so good with tires. GD did sent us two new fenders & body work has been finalized. Time to go !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just picked my Imagine this week which has a build day of October and it has the Westlakes

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyBoyNevada View Post
    Amen to these posts--We had two blow outs with usual damage to trailer fenders & body work. One of these episodes was on a Los Angeles freeway which was really hectic. We finally replaced the two remaining China bombs as well as the two recently purchased tires to a complete 10 ply matched set.So far so good with tires. GD did sent us two new fenders & body work has been finalized. Time to go !!
    I have never had an issue with tires
    My previous Jayco hybrid had cheap tires as well but I always kept them inflated with weights inline and speed never over 63mph

The imagine travelled 1300 km flawlessly first trip
    Time will tell but I am sure I am good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not put anything that says Goodyear on my momentum and just remember grand design put westlake tires on their products what makes you think that the Goodyear tires they are using are any better ?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post
    Grand design did not switch to Goodyear on the Imagine Series. They did on the Reflections. Every new Imagine I’ve seen has come off the line Westlakes.
    That's good to know. Thanks for sharing. Are they the 16" "E" rated Westlakes?
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    That's good to know. Thanks for sharing. Are they the 16" "E" rated Westlakes?
    I pretty sure most imagines have 15” tires and not the 16”.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    Previous: 2011 Jayco Eagle 31.5 FBHS
    2019 Ford F-350 DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4.10 gears

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast