User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well since we do seem to have hijacked the thread talking about the Sway Pro, for the all people out there using it with large, heavy and long trailers….how is the ride? Do you seem to have more porpoising (chucking, bounce, pick your description) than other hitches you may have tried? My experience with the Weigh Safe has been a very stiff uncomfortable ride when pulling a 315RLTS with a Ram 2500. Yes, the truck rides a bit stiff without the trailer but it is noticeably worse with the trailer attached using the Weigh Safe hitch. Full disclosure….I don’t have any experience with anything other than this hitch, TT, truck combination so maybe it is normal.

Thanks again for any input or advice.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have more front end bounce with the BO than I did with an Equalizer I used in the past. Same type of bars as the Weigh Safe. I don't get a lot of jerking unless I'm in town and the roads in poor condition. Bridge expansions are somewhat softer than the EQ but the front of the truck wants to float up and down more. Coincidently I towed the same TT with the same BO hitch with a Ram 2500 6.4 and my current Ram 3500 Cummins. The front on both trucks tends to rise up and down over bridge expansions. Not like a super soft Caddy but more than I like. The 2500 had Bilstien and the 3500 is on OEM shocks. Both super low miles so shocks weren't worn out by any means.
    My TW is 1350 lbs so that has something to do with it.
    In the video I posted the guy even mention the bouncing form the BO.

I hear yuh on the jerky towing. But it can also be associated with frame flex and truck/TT dynamics.
    FWIW I towed my sons 6000 lb? 29' TT across the same bridges a few weeks back with no WDH and it still did the jerking proposing thing. Not much different than my heavier TT with the BO.

I hated towing with the EQ. It was by far the roughest towing WDH I've ever used.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234