User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gdocca View Post
    ...lots of talk about the Westlake's. I run the G-Rated on my Solitude 2930 RL. However, I have had Michelins on all of my trucks for 20 years with no blow-outs/tread separation and the like. I'd like to replace the G-Rated Westlakes before Summer 2021. Does anyone have any good experiences with stout Michelin G-Rated trailer tires...or could recommend perhaps another brand, ie. GY or Bridgestone ST trailer tires. Thanks.
    The most popular load range G ST tire on the forum seems to be the Sailun S637. We've had excellent service from two sets (over 30K miles on the first and still had a lot of tread left when we sold the trailer). The LR G Westlakes appear to be a good tire with a good track record. Are yours getting close to aging out?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gdocca View Post
    Does anyone have any good experiences with stout Michelin G-Rated trailer tires...
    Does Michelin make a G rated trailer tire?????
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Does Michelin make a G rated trailer tire?????
    Got me to thinking, Brian... it looks like Michelin doesn't make anything in an ST for our type of towables. They make commercial trailer tires in 22.5" and tires for busses and diesel coaches.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Brian... it looks like Michelin doesn't make anything in an ST for our type of towables.
    I'd be all over them if they did! I'm a big fan of Michelin tires.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update from my tire question back on 12/21/2020, we made a quick 250 mile trip yesterday to our sons and DIL for Christmas with them and 2-hours into the trip, blew the WestLake tires on our 22-month old Solitude and tore up trailer skirting and fender.

Looking in the close proximity for something to get us home on Wednesday, has anyone had used the Hartland or TransEagle “G” rated tires?

My long term preferences are Sailun S637, GY G614 or go with the 19.5” Boarwheel and tire combo.

Thanks for any feedback or suggestions.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeb Ogburn View Post
    Update from my tire question back on 12/21/2020, we made a quick 250 mile trip yesterday to our sons and DIL for Christmas with them and 2-hours into the trip, blew the WestLake tires on our 22-month old Solitude and tore up trailer skirting and fender.

Looking in the close proximity for something to get us home on Wednesday, has anyone had used the Hartland or TransEagle “G” rated tires?

My long term preferences are Sailun S637, GY G614 or go with the 19.5” Boarwheel and tire combo.

Were those the G-rated Westlakes on your Solitude? How many tires blew - and all at once?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second Chance, Yes, Westlake “G”s on our Solitude S375RES. Only to rear passenger side.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second Chance, Yes, Westlake “G”s on our Solitude S375RES. Only to rear passenger side.
    That makes it the first failure of a Westlake G that I've come across. Had pressure and everything been checked recently?

Forum hint: If you use the "Reply With Quote" (next to "Reply") as I have here, the person to whom you are replying will get a notification. You can also tag people by using the "@" symbol and their username to send a notification: @Jeb Ogburn.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes sir, always check air pressures before hitching and pulling out. Had @105psi in all tires(cold) with tire rating 110psi max.(cold).

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not owned either. But the Hartland seems to get good reviews online.

Good Luck, and sorry to hear of your troubles.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast