Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toilets in Momentum 395

Looking at purchasing a 2021 Momentum 395. The toilets in both bathrooms are sitting on a black base not floor mounted like past RVs we have owned. It's this common and can we replace with a regular toilet?

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you say replace with a regular toilet, do you mean another RV toilet? The black base is a riser and can be removed bit would take some modifications. I feel it increases efficiency of the flush as well.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes like a dometic or Thetford that I have had on previous RVs. Our previous RVs were all travel trailer this is our first 5th wheel style.

I am interested in how this makes flushing more efficient. We pick our 395 MS-R up Friday.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktnissen View Post
    Yes like a dometic or Thetford that I have had on previous RVs. Our previous RVs were all travel trailer this is our first 5th wheel style.

I am interested in how this makes flushing more efficient. We pick our 395 MS-R up Friday.
    You can, but the effort required would have to make sense to you. Increase in distance of vertical drop for the flush. I imagine that increases force... No scientific data, just opinion.

Congrats. We're waiting on paint for our 395MS-R.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, we stumbled on to ours in the back lot of a dealership in Redmond, Or. The Mrs's fell in love with the kitchen. Some guy couldn't get the financing and they wanted to get rid of it. Match made in RV heaven since the larger garage means i get a larger toy.

I believe in opinion and practical experience. I have only seen that style toilet in the garage toilet not in the master.

Of topic but still plumbing relevant, did you get a washing machine, and if so, what brand?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, we stumbled on to ours in the back lot of a dealership in Redmond, Or. The Mrs's fell in love with the kitchen. Some guy couldn't get the financing and they wanted to get rid of it. Match made in RV heaven since the larger garage means i get a larger toy.

I believe in opinion and practical experience. I have only seen that style toilet in the garage toilet not in the master.

Of topic but still plumbing relevant, did you get a washing machine, and if so, what brand?
    It's the best "living area" toy hauler floor plan on the market I think. It's a big girl now, though.

We're going with the Splendide stackable. Seems to the best RV W/D set up for price and reviews.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is it vented? Did GD do it for you or dealer?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is it vented? Did GD do it for you or dealer?
    We went with vented (ventless apparently takes forever to dry). Dealer will drill vent.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They low profile thetford toilets are place upon the base to allow the plumbing to angle enough to drain in to the black tank. It's workable but I miss the ability to check how full the tank is by a visual look, especially when boondocking or the sensor get fouled.