User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: AC question

beatcop49

AC question

I have a new 308 BHTS travel trailer. In using my AC unit, I turn on the AC by the thermostat. My AC will run until the desired temp is reached, then the fan runs...but it runs continously. The fan does not cut off unless I cut the power to the unit off, at the thermostat. Is it normal for the fan to continously run? I'm used to the entire unit shutting off when the desired temp has been met.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It does run continuously. It took me a while to get used to it, but I like it now. It keeps a constant air flow going which makes it easier to sleep.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    It does run continuously. It took me a while to get used to it, but I like it now. It keeps a constant air flow going which makes it easier to sleep.

Jim
    Now you got me thinking.....It's been a while since we used the A/C but as I recall, as long as the fan is set to "auto", it turns off when the desired temp is reached. If set to "low, med or high" it runs continuously for the zone selected as long as the thermostat power is on......I think....dagnabit!... now I gotta go verify
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thompsons 369rl View Post
    Now you got me thinking.....It's been a while since we used the A/C but as I recall, as long as the fan is set to "auto", it turns off when the desired temp is reached. If set to "low, med or high" it runs continuously for the zone selected as long as the thermostat power is on......I think....dagnabit!... now I gotta go verify
    Yours might actually shut down between cycles. The Reflection line uses Atwood ACs.

beatcop49

Jim
    Thanks. Mine is always set to "auto" which I figured meant it would shut down when the desired temp is reached, but it doesn't. The only time it shuts off is when I hit the power button on the thermostat.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're used to the functions of a Dometic thermostat, the Atwood Air Command tstat is quite different, particularly how the fan operates. I've also heard that the fan speed lowers when the set point is reached and continues to run if set in auto. I've checked Atwood's site but the description in their manual isn't very good. I have an early build Reflection which has Dometic AC and tstat not Atwood.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

LA5ver
    My Reflection was built this year and has 2 Dometic air conditioners. The Dometic thermistat does not have an auto setting. When I was in Florida, we found that our fan in the living room would run continuously. We shut it off and ran the bedroom a/c. It actually cooled better and the fan shut off when it got to temperature. We are have our dealer look at that along with a list of a dozen other things.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LA5ver View Post
    My Reflection was built this year and has 2 Dometic air conditioners. The Dometic thermistat does not have an auto setting. When I was in Florida, we found that our fan in the living room would run continuously. We shut it off and ran the bedroom a/c. It actually cooled better and the fan shut off when it got to temperature. We are have our dealer look at that along with a list of a dozen other things.
    Good point. To make matters even muddier, Dometic bought out Atwood Mobile Products last Sept so I have no idea what being installed now and whose design.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jim
    Agreed. The auto setting will select between the three speeds but never goes to off. The compressor does cycle on and off as needed. We have come to quite like this for sleeping. More uniform air temps and white noise.

We have the Atwood Air Command system.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been there. Done that. Still don't like it, but am living with it.

Here's one of several previous threads on the subject:
    http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...6-AC-auto-temp

K
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4