Quote Originally Posted by Carlj75 View Post
Attachment 31726We went camping last weekend for the first time in our new trailer. Just wanted to share my tongue weight experiences. When I brought the empty trailer home from the dealer the tongue weight was about 1600lbs. For this trip, I had one full size dirt bike, two mini dirt bikes, and other assorted camping and riding gear in the garage. I also filled the fresh water tanks since we would be without hookups. My tongue weight was still right around 1600lbs according to my hitch. The trailer towed great with no signs of sway during the three hour drive from Western Washington, over Snoqualmie Pass, to the east side. We went through all but about 20 gallons of fresh water during the long weekend.
When hooking up at the end of the weekend, my tongue weight had increased to almost 2000lbs due to the water transferring to the waste tanks. I was easily able to adjust for the increase with my weigh-safe hitch though and didn’t have any problems towing it home. Thinking about it now though, I probably should have readjusted the hitch after dumping the tanks at the rest stop.
Thanks for posting Carl! Very good info.