User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Owners from Colorado

We bought a 2017 Solitude 375RES from a private party in Kerrville, TX about a month ago. We towed it home and packed it FULL and returned to Kerrville to start our tour of the southern U.S. this winter. We are currently at Buckhorn Lake then heading to Corpus after Christmas. We plan to continue East along the coast to Florida and then in the spring jog North a bit and return West to Colorado. We listed our house when we left Colorado and are looking for a place that we might like to call home. I've been reading this forum for a couple of months now and have learned a great deal about all the things I didn't know about traveling with an RV, most of that information cost me a fortune in new gadgets to pack along with us. One thing I didn't learn was not to take everything from the house and garage along in the RV, we WAY over packed. I would like to turn around and go home and start over with much less stuff. I hope to get to know some of you along the way.

Rob and Jody
    Buena Vista, CO
    2017 Solitude 375RES
    2019 Chevy 3500 crew cab long bed Duramax

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Thorp View Post
    I've been reading this forum for a couple of months now and have learned a great deal about all the things I didn't know about traveling with an RV, most of that information cost me a fortune in new gadgets to pack along with us.

Rob and Jody
    Buena Vista, CO
    2017 Solitude 375RES
    Rob and Jody - welcome to the place where folks are really happy (more than really happy) to help you spend your money on RV gadgets, mods., upgrades and more.....oh my !

Enjoy your travels and your 375. I recall looking at those when they were first released and the floor plan has been extremely popular.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Thorp View Post
    We bought a 2017 Solitude 375RES from a private party in Kerrville, TX about a month ago. We towed it home and packed it FULL and returned to Kerrville to start our tour of the southern U.S. this winter. We are currently at Buckhorn Lake then heading to Corpus after Christmas. We plan to continue East along the coast to Florida and then in the spring jog North a bit and return West to Colorado. We listed our house when we left Colorado and are looking for a place that we might like to call home. I've been reading this forum for a couple of months now and have learned a great deal about all the things I didn't know about traveling with an RV, most of that information cost me a fortune in new gadgets to pack along with us. One thing I didn't learn was not to take everything from the house and garage along in the RV, we WAY over packed. I would like to turn around and go home and start over with much less stuff. I hope to get to know some of you along the way.

Rob and Jody
    Buena Vista, CO
    2017 Solitude 375RES
    Welcome and happy reading!! Yup we are happy to help you spend money!! We have stayed in Kerrville Tx at the Old River Road Resort, was the site of the last Escapees Texas Chapter Rally before the covid stopped everything. Very nice place. Just a hop and jump to Fredricksburg Tx for a great outing.
    We hope to leave Northern Indiana Dec28 and head back toward Texas and Galveston, we have reservations at Jamaica Beach thru Apr. Enjoy Corpus it is very nice as well.

Safe Travels
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This hobby/lifestyle/addiction can get expensive at times. But we all keep after it. Enjoy your travels. If you ever near where to rockets launch in central, east FL give a shout out.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Cedaredge, CO. Think of your RV as a hobby and keep spending money on it. We hope to head to Corpus Christie in June with our then 15 yo granddaughter and a friend of hers. We hope to stay at Port Aransas somewhere. Happy Trails.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the welcome. So far things are going well, two weeks in and only small issues to deal with. We are hoping for warmer weather it has been cool so far in central Texas.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard Rob and Jody. I hope you're enjoying Buckhorn Lake...very nice place.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope, that as you travel around, you will spread the word about the horrid Rocky Mountain Barking Spiders. These things seem to hang out under seats and make a really loud noise and leave a bad smell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dick, I'm sorry to say that after this last election I won't have much positive to say about Colorado. I've been there for 40 years and now I don't won't to be from there at all. We are looking for a new place to call home. I know Cedaredge doesn't resemble the front range but as Denver votes so does Colorado.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that politics was out-of-line for this website. You are entitled to your opinion, I just don't care what it is.