User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 Momentum 320G updates

Greetings,
    I’ve done copious amounts of research on a toy hauler that is right for my lifestyle and have ultimately landed on a Grand Design (GD) Momentum 320G. I recently pulled and compared two 2021 Momentum 320G models at two different dealers in two different states within the Pacific NW and I noticed subtle difference in details between the two models, despite them both being labeled as 2021. I've concluded one of the two dealers erroneously labeled one of their units as a 2021, when in reality it is most likely a 2020. Surely these subtle differences I notice must be improvements for 2021

A family member of mine just purchased a 2021 GD Solitude 310GK, and I’m seeing some welcomed updates that shared GD qualities/parts trickling over to the Momentum 320G.

For example:
    1) One of the 2021 Momentum 320Gs I observed had the tall/slim LED tail lights that appear to be new and mounted in the lower-middle section on the rear of coach, which I prefer over the round LEDs mounted at the very bottom on previous year models. There is no real surprise since Momentum G-class is a GD product and these lights can be found on the 2021 Solitude 310GK that I reference above. See photos for difference in tail lights.
    2) The light above the main door of the coach (amber in color) and the scare light (white in color) towards the front-end of the coach appear to FINALLY be LEDs lights over the traditional halogen bulbs on previous year models. Again, these parts are familiar to me because of my personal experience and reference to the new 2021 Solitude 310GK in my family. See photos for difference in main door/scare lights.
    3) The final detail I noticed on one of the models, also a welcomed one, appears new for 2021 is that there is a small window on each side of the bed in the main bedroom area. I love this! See photos for difference in main door/scare lights.

Long story short, does anyone know where I could locate changes from a 2020 to a 2021 320G? Sometimes vehicle manufacturers will list out what is changed from the prior year, or hold a press conference announcing the new features for upcoming refreshed new models. I’d even settle for a site with full-blown spec sheet that I could pull up and highlight changes between the 2020 and 2021 GD Momentum 320G. I’ve searched the web in a few places but no luck.

Thanks & happy trails!

LED Tail Lamps on the 2021 at "Dealer A" pictured left (the lights mounted at the bottom of the coach is the true 2020 model pictured right at "Dealer B")
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0553.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	31163Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0551.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	31164

LED main/scare light & new window in bedroom at "Dealer A" pictured left vs. the true 2020 on the pictured right at "Dealer B"

Name:	IMG-0552.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	31165Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0550.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	31166
    Last edited by rwilkins; 12-17-2020 at 01:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly. However The model production year phase out/ in isn’t as precise as the automotive industry. All the RV manufacturers phase in the new model year based on available components. So I’ve been told by three different people with many a years in the industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely don't think the RV and automotive industry are apples to apples. I am more/less am curious if anyone has any resources to pull/compare from 2020 to 2021, or if anyone else has a 2021 that they have noticed these things too.

Thanks & happy camping!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020. No LEDs and definitely not that cool window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good data - thanks for your input! I'm pumped about that cool window next to the bed.
    2020 RAM 3500 Mega-Cab, 6.7L(HO), SWB

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up my 2021 320G last month and it has all those changes that you have noted. I do believe all lighting in and out of the trailer is LED.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Rabidd! This is good intel for me. I also noticed the gas/electric refrigerators might have gotten an upgrade too.
    2020 RAM 3500 Mega-Cab, 6.7L(HO), SWB

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We noticed that some of the newer models we were looking at had this cool shower fixture. I haven't been able to try it out yet since I'm still winterized.

Name:	shower.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	31209
    Last edited by jjbbrewer; 12-19-2020 at 05:47 PM.
    signature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered our 320G in August and picked it up mid November and it came with the new shower, lights and bedroom windows. It is a 2021. I believe probably somewhere around Sept, they started to bulid with the "2021" features. Not sure of the actual date of the changes but I see some 2021 320G's without the shower, windows, etc and some with and the dealer is calling them 2021's. We were not expecting the new shower head and windows in the bedroom but really glad they were included!

Good Luck.
    Gary & Vickie
    2021 Momentum 320G
    2019 Ford F-450 Turbo Diesel Lariat

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SubVet#580 View Post
    I believe probably somewhere around Sept, they started to bulid with the "2021" features. Not sure of the actual date of the changes ...
    The weight sheet (birth weight?) of our 349M shows a date of 10/29/2020, so I'm thinking you're spot on!
    signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast