Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help Reading My Solar Controller Data - Solitude 310GK-R JABONI 30 AMP MPPT

When I purchased my RV, I purchased the factory installed 300 W Solar package. Six months ago I started keeping a log of readings/data.
    Some of this Controller data I can figure out, some I'm not sure of. Can someone help? The data comes in a row
    of Top Row numbers and a row of Bottom Row numbers. I think the top row is the output of the Solar panel, the
    bottom is my battery(s) status. In case my attached pic does not show up, I've provided one reading of data below.

Second Question: I have two 12 volt wet cell batteries. What does each battery supply power to?

Thanks in advance for your help. Benny

Controller-JABONI 30 AMP MPPT 300 WATT SOLAR PANEL
    Top Row:
    38.1V 00.2A 006W
    Bottom Row:
    13.9V 00.2A FLT

See attached pic. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Solar Read Outs.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	31176
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, the batteries are wired in parallel. They work together to provide power to all 12VDC circuits in the RV (interior lights, control boards for the propane fridge and hot water heater, AC thermostats (not the ACs), and the control board and fan motor for the furnace.

You can download the manual for the Jaboni controller from the Jaboni web site (there should also be a copy in the packet of paperwork you received with your RV). According to the manual, the top row shows solar energy and current from the solar panel(s) (input) and the bottom row shows battery current and charge status.

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 12-17-2020 at 01:03 PM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    First off, the batteries are wired in parallel. They work together to provide power to all 12VDC circuits in the RV (interior lights, control boards for the propane fridge and hot water heater, AC thermostats (not the ACs), and the control board and fan motor for the furnace.

You can download the manual for the Jaboni controller from the Jaboni web site (there should also be a copy in the packet of paperwork you received with your RV). According to the manual, the top row shows solar energy and current from the solar panel(s) (input) and the bottom row shows battery current and charge status.

Rob
    Thanks Rob. You're right. I did receive the manual in my "purchase package". I had read through the manual but it did not cover the data in detail.
    I'm guessing regarding the Solar Panel production: From data used above: 38.1 volts are currently being produced, also .2 Amps are being produced
    which makes 006 Watts currently being produced. As far as the Battery Row: I'm guessing the battery(s) are producing 13.9 V but I'm not sure what the .2A means.
    Amps for sure but what does .2A mean? Current draw? Current charge going to the battery? The letters FLT I believe means "battery charge on float".

So regarding the two batteries, they are both sending power to the same components? No separate duties?
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bhop56 View Post
    Thanks Rob. You're right. I did receive the manual in my "purchase package". I had read through the manual but it did not cover the data in detail.
    I'm guessing regarding the Solar Panel production: From data used above: 38.1 volts are currently being produced, also .2 Amps are being produced
    which makes 006 Watts currently being produced. As far as the Battery Row: I'm guessing the battery(s) are producing 13.9 V but I'm not sure what the .2A means.
    Amps for sure but what does .2A mean? Current draw? Current charge going to the battery? The letters FLT I believe means "battery charge on float".

So regarding the two batteries, they are both sending power to the same components? No separate duties?
    I'll see if a more expert solar person will chime in on the controller readings, but it's my understanding that the current draw on the source and the current going to the batteries are related to the charge state of the batteries. If the batteries are fully-charged (or nearly so), there will be very little current reflected on the controller readout - it's not being drawn to use for charging (and that's the controller's job). You are correct - "FLT" means float, or final charge state for maintenance. You'll see an abbreviation for bulk when the batteries are down and being charged at a higher rate.

The controller comes set to default to wet/flooded lead-acid batteries, so you should be good there.

As for "separate duties" for the batteries... use Google and find some reading on parallel circuits. Wired in parallel, the two batteries are "seen" as one 12VDC power source by everything connected to them. They charge at the same rate and time and discharge at the same rate and time. I essence, the two batteries become one, two-part 12VDC battery with 12 cells.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015