User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
    I question whether that sticker came on a 310gk. It shows GVW of the trailer as 18,000 lbs.
    That is the sticker being put on new 310GKs with the 8K axle/disc brake/17.5" H-rated tires. In other words, "True story."

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Saw a response from Megan @ GD on this question elsewhere:

Hi Megan, in relation to this information, and something I think I read elsewhere but cannot find now, is the following included with the 8000lb axle option on the Solitudes:
    8000lb axles
    4000lb springs
    EOH brakes
    17 1/2 rims
    H rated tires
    18,000lb GVWR sticker

Megan: Yes, you are correct in all of this. The GVWR increases to 18,000 when the 8k axles w/ disc brake option is selected.
    There was one final post in that “other” place...

To the rest of the thread, it seems you could order the 8000 axle upgrade, have Morryde install an independent suspension and use the EOH system that GD provided. This would provide an "official" GVWR sticker of 18,000 lbs. I wonder how much the cost of the IS would be if the EOH system came from GD?

No one ever commented further, but is seems viable.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John303 View Post
    There was one final post in that “other” place...

To the rest of the thread, it seems you could order the 8000 axle upgrade, have Morryde install an independent suspension and use the EOH system that GD provided. This would provide an "official" GVWR sticker of 18,000 lbs. I wonder how much the cost of the IS would be if the EOH system came from GD?

No one ever commented further, but is seems viable.
    Our January, 2020, installation for 7K MORryde IS with brakes was $6,640 including taxes (with a 10% "winter parts discount). The 8K units are a bit more. It's my understanding that the EOH disk brake system is about $1,400 of the installation. You can make some rough estimates from there. It looks like it would add aprox. $3,500 to the end result to get the official 18K on the sticker.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disregard - I misread the comment above. . .
    Last edited by orbsah; 12-19-2020 at 12:19 PM.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Saw a response from Megan @ GD on this question elsewhere:

Hi Megan, in relation to this information, and something I think I read elsewhere but cannot find now, is the following included with the 8000lb axle option on the Solitudes:
    8000lb axles
    4000lb springs
    EOH brakes
    17 1/2 rims
    H rated tires
    18,000lb GVWR sticker

Megan: Yes, you are correct in all of this. The GVWR increases to 18,000 when the 8k axles w/ disc brake option is selected.
    This would explain the increase in GVWR, they have added disc brakes and 17.5 wheels and tires, 4k springs and 8k axles. I wonder if there are any other structural changes made to the chassis to increase the GVWR and if the pin weight changes. One problem with the 310GK is that all of the cargo capacity is forward of the front axle. When I scale my 310, my axles are only carrying about 11,500 and I would estimate the pin at around 3000 which would put the trailer at 14,500, any more weight carried would still put more weight on the pin and not a lot more on the axles. I would be interesting to weigh each wheel on the trailer though. Even changing the height of the front of the trailer can have an effect on the axles, raise the front of the trailer to where it is nose high and you will transfer more weight to the rear axle of the trailer, that is why towing level is important.
    Last edited by Nuffsaid; 12-19-2020 at 12:55 PM.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Hey Rob - My unit came with 7K axles, disc brakes and Cooper-H tires. The sticker says 15K GVWR. Please correct me if I'm wrong. . . . It's my understanding that "IF" I take my unit to Morryde and have the 8K IS installed, the 15K sticker cannot be changed. Is that right? Or is there a way to get the unit re-stickered? Thanks!
    You are correct. The official sticker and numbers cannot be changed after the unit leaves the plant.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoke to MORryde the other day.

The price for IS with disc brakes 7k tandem axles is now $6,999 If one already has disc brakes, they will reuse the parts and reduce the cost to $4,199. This saves someone $2,800 off the total price. I believe the price for their 8k Kodiak disc brakes system installed is $3,350.

The GD disc brakes are the same manufacturer the axles. So if it’s a Dexter axle, it’s Dexter brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Our January, 2020, installation for 7K MORryde IS with brakes was $6,640 including taxes (with a 10% "winter parts discount). The 8K units are a bit more. It's my understanding that the EOH disk brake system is about $1,400 of the installation. You can make some rough estimates from there. It looks like it would add aprox. $3,500 to the end result to get the official 18K on the sticker.

Rob
    Last edited by RoadRider84; 12-19-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12