User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like many others ours have partially failed. I look forward to the failure of the rest of them - might even help that along some day - so I can turn on the under-carriage lights without the cap lights coming on.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    We had to have ours replaced because they deteriorated in the FL Sun. Unfortunately, the replacements did not want to stick to the front cap, so, we told the dealer to just remove them and seal up the holes where the wires entered the front cap.

Truth be told, they weren't very practical, they did not give off any useful light, they were only decorative.

I do want to add LED lights under the coach on the Driver's side to match the LEDs on the Passenger side. One of the low priority mods I will eventually get around to (maybe).
    I like the idea of removing them. Mine have shriveled up and up close look bad. But they still work. I find them annoying and useless. I think I'll "disengage" them.

Even more annoying tho is that GD decided that those lights, the front bay interior lights, and the lights under the RV all should work from the same switch - the one on the outside near the front bay. There's some not so forward thinking! I put all 3 on different switchs; the bottom lights and the front lights are now operated from inside on the main control panel.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    ... so I can turn on the under-carriage lights without the cap lights coming on.
    Open up your front storage compartment. The wiring is pretty easy to re-do so the circuits are separately switched.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LED_Switches.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	31272

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@CKReef regarding your Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    In my opinion more useful than changing the color is adding a dimmer. I dim them all the way down and can now leave them on without annoying anyone.
    @ckreef

Sorry to Hijack this post but I noticed you also have a 2018 Nissan Titan SV. We are certainly the minority for TV. I love mine. Can I ask you about the Roadmaster suspension you have. I get about an inch of sag then it firms up. I was thinking about air bags. How does you setup work? Did you install it yourself? Did it make ride harsh when not towing? I have a Blue OX Swaypro WD and the smaller 22MLE trailer (just picked it up in OCT).

Thanks

Dan
    Dan, Ponderosa Park, CO
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE (SOLD)
    2023 Hiker Mid Range Deluxe 5x9 (Due Oct 2023)
    2018 Nissan Titan Crew

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTSinPA View Post
    The white lights on the cap are annoying. The blue lights are even more annoying.
    Can be for sure, so bright they can keep your neighbors up at night. I placed a dimmer on ours
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus with factory tow package - 2 sway controllers
    TT Ready for boondocking with solar installed on roof

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SailorDan View Post
    @ckreef

Sorry to Hijack this post but I noticed you also have a 2018 Nissan Titan SV. We are certainly the minority for TV. I love mine. Can I ask you about the Roadmaster suspension you have. I get about an inch of sag then it firms up. I was thinking about air bags. How does you setup work? Did you install it yourself? Did it make ride harsh when not towing? I have a Blue OX Swaypro WD and the smaller 22MLE trailer (just picked it up in OCT).

Thanks

Dan
    I like the Roadmaster Active Suspension. They recommended I get the heavy duty version which isn't listed but it is available so I got that. It raised it up around 1 - 1 1/2" so that will take care of the sag issue. It is not harsh when not towing. Actually takes out some corner sway when not towing. Very pleased with this upgrade. The install is easy enough to do yourself if you are some what mechanically inclined. The only hard part is removing a small upper bar that limits the leaf spring travel. That bar has to be removed as it gets in the way and is no longer needed. That is a total pain to remove so I took a dremel tool with cutoff wheel and cut it off. After that the install was easy. There is actually 3 spacer options. Thin washer, thick washer and both washers. They recommended using the fat washer so I did.

We both have the same model and year Titan. I bought the truck because of it's 5 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. It pulls my 2600rb reasonably well and until that warranty ends I'm keeping the truck. You're right not many people tow with Titans.

Sorry to the OP for the hijack reply.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    I'm sure there has been lots of discussion on this, but it is really annoying now that trailers have lots of bright outside LED lights. Folks tend to leave them on too much. Sometimes all night long while they are shining into other trailers. It's so nice when camped in an uncrowded campground and it's really dark outside. I think we need "the light police" in campgrounds..................just kidding.
    While I think the OP can and should do as he pleases, I am glad that I am not the only one who feels that all these lights on the outside of our RV's equate to what I consider to be light pollution. I'm an old fart, I go camping to literally get away from it all. I feel the same way about other peoples music invading my "space" when camping. Working hard to get everything geared up for boon docking. I am just as concerned about my lights and noise bothering others at a campground. I will actually go outside to check and make sure there are no outside lights lit and no sound from the speakers. Of course, the doggie needs to pee once in awhile and I'll turn the porch light on for that....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTSinPA View Post
    The white lights on the cap are annoying. The blue lights are even more annoying.
    Agreed..........
    Chris

2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2018 Chevrolet 2500HD

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogrey View Post
    While I think the OP can and should do as he pleases, I am glad that I am not the only one who feels that all these lights on the outside of our RV's equate to what I consider to be light pollution. I'm an old fart, I go camping to literally get away from it all. I feel the same way about other peoples music invading my "space" when camping. Working hard to get everything geared up for boon docking. I am just as concerned about my lights and noise bothering others at a campground. I will actually go outside to check and make sure there are no outside lights lit and no sound from the speakers. Of course, the doggie needs to pee once in awhile and I'll turn the porch light on for that....
    We all have to turn the outside lights on once in a while. That's why they put them on trailers. Keeps us from scaring up a skunk or stepping on a copperhead. Maybe it would help me if I knew why some folks need these lights on all night long. Granted, it's none of my business and I recognize that. I certainly agree with Nogrey in that we all need to be aware of our impact on those camping around us.

And I do apologize for getting so far off topic from the OP.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I'll say something from what seems to be a minority viewpoint. More often than not, I use my toy hauler to haul toys & go on riding or racing trips with my guy friends. That could be an off road rally, a motorcycle roadrace, or just a fun riding event a long way out in BLM land. We're usually in the pit area or camped 1/2 mile or farther away from anybody for a host of reasons. We'll build huge bonfires, play music outside, and generally have a guys' type weekend (although sometimes family members come along). So I think the lights could be cool along with the outside sound system and TV.

But I do understand the etiquette for tight RV parks or those camping on the edges of wilderness areas. I guess there are just different ways for people to have fun.
    signature

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast