User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sure a GD dealer can assist you for the replacement lights, as to lights on or off ,I leave mine on in lue of the bright outside porch light on my new Momentum and if I had my flag with lighted pole that would remain on all night. I am very courteous of my neighbors and believe the bigger issue with etiquette is individuals walking through your campsite .

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL!!! We agree and when we use them, Boondocking when we take our Pup out.
    If in a RV PARK, only when we take pup out again at night so I can find our Rig easily, LOL.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christmas lights on all year long, on the ground, on the trees in their spot. Get me back to Boondocking asap. RV Park is a nice short visit for us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who cares if you annoy anyone with your lights

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Templeton View Post
    Who cares if you annoy anyone with your lights
    I care, I have accidentally left my front porch and work lights on overnight and I was not happy with myself for being the guy that didn't care about other campers.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I care as well. It's just that kind of attitude that ruins camping for many of us. Part of what camping (for me and many others) is to get away from people who are loud, obnoxious and inconsiderate.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell yeah, I'll pile on here. Decorative LED lights on RV are now "a thing". As in the latest FAD. It's done because it can be done and cheaply. Nobody asked whether they should because the answer would have been NO!

Q: What I want to know: Who the heck at GD thought it was a great idea to put crappy blue LEDs in the exterior speakers on our Imagine? Not only are they are stupid and useless, they are dying slowly, and flicker randomly and are partially lit. They look ridiculous. They go on whenever the outside lights are on. They were intended to be purely decorative in a cool way, where people say "Hey there are cool lights in your speakers", but they are actually not cool, as in: "Hey man, why are some of the lights in your speakers dead?". Not to mention the speakers themselves are god-awful sounding. A pair of Campbell soup cans on a string would sound better.

Here's a thought:
    Bad idea: spending good money sticking LEDs in cheap sounding speakers.
    Good idea: spending money on speakers that SOUND GOOD.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    Hell yeah, I'll pile on here. Decorative LED lights on RV are now "a thing". As in the latest FAD. It's done because it can be done and cheaply. Nobody asked whether they should because the answer would have been NO!

Q: What I want to know: Who the heck at GD thought it was a great idea to put crappy blue LEDs in the exterior speakers on our Imagine? Not only are they are stupid and useless, they are dying slowly, and flicker randomly and are partially lit. They look ridiculous. They go on whenever the outside lights are on. They were intended to be purely decorative in a cool way, where people say "Hey there are cool lights in your speakers", but they are actually not cool, as in: "Hey man, why are some of the lights in your speakers dead?". Not to mention the speakers themselves are god-awful sounding. A pair of Campbell soup cans on a string would sound better.

Here's a thought:
    Bad idea: spending good money sticking LEDs in cheap sounding speakers.
    Good idea: spending money on speakers that SOUND GOOD.
    I couldn't agree more. I really think they did the whole thing with led's everywhere because it looked good at RV shows. Flashy.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the subject of unnecessary lights, what is it with keeping a flag up all night lighted up like its the frigging fourth of July? I've got a summer neighbor who has a 75 foot pole which he keeps lighted with 10 100 watt halogens all summer. This is in a rural dark sky area where people come for the dark night skies. We've asked him to please take the flag down at sunset and turn them off, and he does this but only when he is there. He leaves it up 5 days a week (Sunday night thru Thursday) when he isn't.

I have encountered this kind of thing in and near Dark Sky parks. I am not talking about taking down flags turning off the lights at recognized memorials and in cities. Only in rural dark sky areas, as the National Park Service does... Is it really asking too much to take the flag down at sunset in these kind of places?
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know how annoying unnecessary lights at night are. I try to keep it dim around our rig.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast