User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More than half of the strip lights on the front of my 2018 Momentum are out. Has anyone replaced the strip lights? Any procedural or product recommendations?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alternative Uses for the Cap Lights??

These are relatively easy afternoon projects. I would hate to remove them and have nothing there. Replacing the strips is very straightforward. Just use a 12vdc strip of your choice and make sure its rated waterproof (yes, they are not hard to find). Cut, attach, splice and seal the connections.
    WARNING: the following site is a rabbit hole if your into LED lighting:
    https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/...of-led-strips/

I have not yet really figured out the factory LED strips usefulness. We have never used them for anything other than they turn on with the under frame lights. I wish they didn’t, and I am going to have to look at separating them onto another switch. There was another post on this earlier in the thread and it looks easy enough. Just need to find the switches that match and are waterproof.

[Rant]
    Yes, they are decorative and look cool, but they are obnoxious. The light doesn’t provide anything useful except to be noticeable from a distance. Something we don’t generally want in the campground. I have spent my career in the lighting field and light pollution is an issue. Cool and interesting lighting does not have to be obnoxiously bright. I have found subtle lighting to be far more effective and interesting. I’m all for decorative lighting done well.
    [Off of Rant]

Perhaps they could be changed to amber and used while driving for improved safety? Well, 50% safety and 50% looks.

For those of us that have an alarm (or contemplating one), the LED strips could be connected to signal an alarm condition and draw attention? Amber, red or blue flashers would definitely get some attention. Better than a siren (IMHO) and could be designed to be any type of light signal. Especially helpful for a fire alarm situation. I have not looked at the smoke detectors inside the RV, but some detectors have a set of dry contacts for an external signal device.

Sometimes when you invite people, it might be a nice marker to find your trailer. The lights don’t need to bring in a landing aircraft, just enough to be noticeable when someone is looking. A dimmer switch (for day/night) with some color of your choice would work.

Just like the stick home,… projects never end.
    Rob.
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345