Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cover

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cover

Don't you cover your rig when it is parked? I have not been able to find one to fit the 380 other than custom......and that word means big bucks
    2011 F350 DRW CC with Firestone Ride Rite Air bags
    2015 Momentum 380 TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. Not sure what type of environment you're in but we live in the northwest and all I do is give her a wash/wax a couple times a year and she looks fine after 2 years. We use our rig a lot and those covers are a PITA to put on and take off not to mention the cost of a good one. For what it would take me to put the thing on and take it off MANY times a year, I'll just keep it clean and waxed.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Even here in the Arizona sun, I don't cover mine. I tried with our last rig. I put my foot through a vent one time, and almost fell off on another. Like Andy and Julie said, it's a PITA. There were times we would have taken off for an overnight excursion, but it was too much effort to uncover and get rolling. I always felt putting it back on was too dangerous. There's a reason the factory personnel put on a safety harness when they are working on the roof. The injuries can be severe when you fall off a 10-12 foot FW.

The cover we had got caught in a wind storm when it was only a couple of weeks old, and was torn pretty bad. From then on, it was always flapping in the breeze. I threw it in the trash before it was a year old.

I wax my unit twice a year with Thetford RV wax which is a Carnauba wax with UV blockers. It's a full days work to wax it, but it sure looks nice when it's done.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am under the same impression. My last rig had a bad run of decals and after two years they were coming off. I religiously wax. Truck gets it once a week and trailer 4 times a year. I am sure the decals are better now as well. UV is my issue.

Thanks for the extra insight and see you on the road!
    Safe travels
    2011 F350 DRW CC with Firestone Ride Rite Air bags
    2015 Momentum 380 TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saved money up and built a carport for my 385th. To much of a hassle to put on a cover.

Traveling Piper
    We agree on the covers. We have purchased about 5 covers for past trailers and hardly ever put them on. One was unused when we sold that trailer. You also must be careful when putting on and taking off the covers, because they can damage wires and other items on your roof if they get caught up in the folds while tugging.