Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Antenna amplifier has 12 volts out but no 12 volts at antenna

Hello, I have the King basic antenna and the amplifier/injector in the bedroom of my 2018 Reflection 230RL. Previously the original amplifier/injector had several cracked solder joints. I reheated and it worked fine and powered the antenna.

Several months pass and after one trip I discovered I have no power again at the antenna. No power coming out of amplifier/injector so I replaced with a new Winegard. I now have power coming out of amplifier/injector, but still no power at the antenna. I pulled the antenna head and tested the coax and no power.

Do you think there are any additional connections to check? As I recall there is one connection in the base of the antenna that looks to be impossible to get to without ripping off the antenna. I do not have the signal meter model so it is just a one-to-one connection. Does anyone know if there are any other spliters or connections from the amplifier/injector to the antenna or is it a straight line? I am not sure what to do next, any suggestions? At this point I am ready to get an external setup or go satellite. Thank you.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burtpolson View Post
    Hello, I have the King basic antenna and the amplifier/injector in the bedroom of my 2018 Reflection 230RL. Previously the original amplifier/injector had several cracked solder joints. I reheated and it worked fine and powered the antenna.

Several months pass and after one trip I discovered I have no power again at the antenna. No power coming out of amplifier/injector so I replaced with a new Winegard. I now have power coming out of amplifier/injector, but still no power at the antenna. I pulled the antenna head and tested the coax and no power.

Do you think there are any additional connections to check? As I recall there is one connection in the base of the antenna that looks to be impossible to get to without ripping off the antenna. I do not have the signal meter model so it is just a one-to-one connection. Does anyone know if there are any other spliters or connections from the amplifier/injector to the antenna or is it a straight line? I am not sure what to do next, any suggestions? At this point I am ready to get an external setup or go satellite. Thank you.
    Maybe the Coax? - https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post123118
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank