Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clearance from bed rail and FW

I only have about 7 1/2” between FW and bed rails, it maneuvers good unless you use the slider hitch in the back position. Then you only have about 1/2” between the pin box and tailgate, so needless to say there is rubbing if not on flat ground.
    Do you think raising up to 9”s between FW and bed rail would be enough, looking for a someone with more experience than me.
    Thanks for any help!
    Every thing is nicer in Niceville.
    2019 Reflections 29RS
    2016 GMC Denali Hd
    B&W slider hitch
    Mor-ryde rubber pin box

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whew!!! I'd love 7 1/2" of clearance! I have maybe 4 or 5. And the bed does come close to the RV when going over low or high dips. Those are mostly when maneuvering in a campground tho so we just keep a close eye on things. It's always the back of the bed that comes close.

I have a Demco auto slider. I can't say it's closer when slid all the way back. I never noticed. Now I will. But my clearance issue is with the rig and truck, not the pin box and truck; the pin box has plenty of room in every position.

Of course 9" would be better. But at some point you also have to how level the RV is when towing. I would think you probably want the RV as level as possible over the extra few inches of clearance given that it will be in a straight line position almost all of the time.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Larry said, 7-1/2” should be plenty. Most trucks are towing with the trailer nose up or close to it with that much clearance.

Are you running with the hitch and pin box both low? If so, you could raise them both, keep the same rail clearance and trailer attitude, and also improve your tailgate clearance when the hitch is back.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now the pin box is high (closes to FW) and the hitch is in the lowest spot. Going out and hook up and break out the level to see where i am. Hope i can do it with just the hitch, would make a lot easier. No air tools or help around to hold it if I need to drop pin.
    Thanks
    2019 Reflections 29RS
    2016 GMC Denali Hd
    B&W slider hitch
    Mor-ryde rubber pin box

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went out and hooked up, FW is right on the bubble level setting on the truck with jacks up.
    2019 Reflections 29RS
    2016 GMC Denali Hd
    B&W slider hitch
    Mor-ryde rubber pin box