User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I changed over to the Goodyear Endurance this year. My Westlakes were pretty severely checked/cracked. Love the way it tows so far.
    CJ & Jo
    RIP: Rocky & Rya
    2018 Momentum 327M, 2019 RAM 2500 6.7L Turbo Cummins, BW Companion Slider, Timbren SES, Bilstein 4600

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2016 348M came with the E-rated Westlake tires. I just replaced them with Sailuns last spring after 4+ years and ~10k miles. We were careful with them and never pushed them too far, fast or hard. Maybe we just got lucky - either way, I too have heard good things about the G-rated Westlake tires.

That being said, peace of mind is worth can be priceless.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 398 was upgraded to 8k axles and 17.5 Goodyear G114's immediately after purchasing. Never a problem, currently 45k miles on them with at least 30k more life in them.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always installed G614's on my rigs including my last Momentum - did have one blowout with those - I do put more than the average amount of miles on ...

Currently have the factory Westlake G rated tires and have 11,000 miles on them in 10 months.....holding up great so far - I like their 2 year roadside service.....must mean they stand behind their product...

A side note - the delivery driver bringing it to Lazy Days in Tampa (I ordered the rig) did blow out one of the Westlakes.....I'm sure they are not as critical as I am on pressures....

Mark
    2014 HDT Volvo 780 "Baby Bird"
    2016 Smart Car "Baby Bird Turd" - on the back
    2020 Momentum 376THS
    We're both proud USAF Retirees...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see our Momentum 31G come from the factory with Goodyear tires. Goofy thing is it has a Westlake for the spare but I bought another Goodyear and replaced it.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any running Goodyear's on their Momentum?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    Nice to see our Momentum 31G come from the factory with Goodyear tires. Goofy thing is it has a Westlake for the spare but I bought another Goodyear and replaced it.
    I agree however I wouldn’t read too much into it as a quality issue with Westlake. I’ve been on the phone with Grand Design a couple times since August and been talking to my RV service guy. The GD rep said they’ve been happy with the Westlake line and not really having issues. But that’s customer service, right? Shooting me straight? Hopefully. She did tell me All the RV manufacturers are scrambling for supply to keep the units moving off the assembly line and my repair parts are probably 4-6 months out. If they stick with Goodyear after global production of the components ( including tires) is back to normal, Than Yes, GD is making a play for better tires. I’ve been waiting on Michelin’s for my truck for four months.

I had Goodyear’s on my last trailer. Head and shoulders above the off brand they (Crossroads RV) put in their trailers. I had a blowout back in ‘07. Would like to never live that experience ever again. Going to run the Westlakes to 10K unless one of you fine folks post issues on this forum to convince me otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    I agree however I wouldn’t read too much into it as a quality issue with Westlake. I’ve been on the phone with Grand Design a couple times since August and been talking to my RV service guy. The GD rep said they’ve been happy with the Westlake line and not really having issues. But that’s customer service, right? Shooting me straight? Hopefully. She did tell me All the RV manufacturers are scrambling for supply to keep the units moving off the assembly line and my repair parts are probably 4-6 months out. If they stick with Goodyear after global production of the components ( including tires) is back to normal, Than Yes, GD is making a play for better tires. I’ve been waiting on Michelin’s for my truck for four months.

I had Goodyear’s on my last trailer. Head and shoulders above the off brand they (Crossroads RV) put in their trailers. I had a blowout back in ‘07. Would like to never live that experience ever again. Going to run the Westlakes to 10K unless one of you fine folks post issues on this forum to convince me otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've pull a lot of trailers and never had an issue with any Goodyear. Maybe the Westlake's are fine. I really don't know. As much as anything I swapped the spare just so all of them were the same.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12