User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any running Goodyear's on their Momentum?

Hello,

I came into a deal on a set of Goodyear tires, however my 320G is in storage. I jotted down I had Westlake LT235/80R16's, G rated. I've got about 5K on them and thinking I should jump on the Goodyear discount which is significant.

I've had three trailers and always swapped out to Endurances when the time came to replace.

So did my research last summer and if recall, Goodyear doesn't make the Endurance in that size, however I can jump to the LT235/85R16 in the G614's.

Anyone have experience or recommendations here? I think i can get the set under $800 plus installation in the spring. On my last trailer I just pulled my tires and rand them up to Goodyear to mount.

Has anyone changed to a comparable size Endurance tires?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go Goodyear, stick with the G614.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    If you go Goodyear, stick with the G614.
    So it’s a slightly larger tire. I assume it fits the same rim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had G614s on my Momentum for 4 years, ordered them from the factory with my 399. They held pressure great the whole time and were still in good condition when I sold the trailer. We had close to 20k miles on them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    9 years fulltiming with heavy 40'+ 5th wheels. 99% of all my tire troubles went away when I switched to Goodyear G614 tires. They are heavy duty and stand up well to abuse. I will not put anything else on my Momentum 376TH.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see the load rating drops from over 4K on the Westlakes to around 3.6K on the Goodyear’s. Any concerns. My trailer is rated at 16.8.

2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    I see the load rating drops from over 4K on the Westlakes to around 3.6K on the Goodyear’s. Any concerns. My trailer is rated at 16.8.

It's 3750 lbs when run as singles. More than enough to cover the actual axle ratings.

Yes, they go right onto the factory rims, no problem. You'll have a harder time getting the old tires off the rims.
    Last edited by huntr70; 12-19-2020 at 10:39 AM.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The G rated Westlakes do seem, both from my personal experience, and from lots of Internet reports, to be good tires. That's what I have on my 351M, and I think I'm going to go to Saulins eventually. I'll take my Westlakes and put them on my dump trailer, they are much better than what I have on there today. That said, I really did feel, buying the trailer, like I was going to be into a tire swap after the first trip. But here I sit, 1yr later, ~7000 miles on the Westlakes, and I have nothing bad to say about them. They are wearing like iron (they look brand new), hold air, don't get that hot.. Good tires. I think the Saulins are better, a lot heavier and that weight, at least to me, means "more rubber". I've not even heard of anyone with a flat on them, let alone a blowout! But I won't be trashing my G Westlakes, I'm really happy with them, I just want "better".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great feedback! I'll keep running the Westlakes till end of season this year. Covid has put a damper on our summer travels so should be under 2K on them going into next season. I have friends that are retired from Goodyear, possibly get a discount so will pull the trigger when I see treadwear, but for now, they look like new.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be going into my 3rd season this year with the Westlake "G" rated tires and have about 5500 miles on them. I've had zero issues with them and I'm planning a trip from the Knoxville, TN area out west this fall. Out and back will be probably close to 5000 miles counting the travel between our stops to a several different locations. I do not plan on changing them out before the trip unless something happens between now and then. The big majority of issues with the Westlake tires involve the "E" rated tires and you hear of very few issues with their G rated ones. Like I said, unless something happens to them, I will likely keep them until they are around 5 years old or the wear from mileage tells me to swap them out. YMMV.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast