User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems

What are your thoughts on tire pressure monitoring systems? What is the best system out there considering ease to use and cost. I always check my tire pressure before each trip; and other than 2 trips to the NASCAR races at Bristol (350 miles one way), I normally only pull 60-70 miles to camp. So wondering if it is worth putting a tire pressure monitoring system on my Reflection 303?

Thanks!
    Angela - West Chester, OH
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS #690
    2015 GMC Denali 2500 HD 4WD 6.6L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the TST TPMS system. Plan on doing a lot more traveling now that we are all retired.
    It saved me twice just while the trailer was sitting at home.
    The system still reads the trailer tires while the truck was in the garage or driving in and out.
    I caught two slow leaks, one after I had metal valve stems installed when they crushed a seal AND
    One after the new Maxxis tires were installed.
    It is personal preference, but I don't go far without my TPMS.
    Mike & Pat Clawson
    Marty & Bucky (Welsh Corgis)
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS #2813
    Titan Disc Brakes, Liberty Rider Suspension
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison
    Comfort Ride Hitch, 52 Gallon Titan XXL Fuel Tank, Banks Speed Brake, Firestone Air Lift Bags
    http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...pst4uyouma.gif

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The system from TST is very popular. I have the 507 Flow Thru sensor so you don't have to remove the sensor to adjust the tire pressure. They also recommend that the OEM valve stem be replaced with an all metal one. I have this style installed as the valve stem is in a recessed seat on the wheel.

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TPMS-mtl_clampin.jpg  
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just installed a Tire Minder system. TM66 is their newest technology, but currently available exclusively through Camping World. Easy to install sensors that replace the valve caps. Not flow through, but as easy to remove as a valve cap if you need to add air. There is a locking mechanism if you are worried about sensor theft. These sensors are compatible with rubber valve stems (although the manufacturer states that they would prefer metal stem). Receiver is wireless. Tire minder will supply annual replacement sensor batteries for several years. There is booster that needs to be wired to an "always on" 12V source, so I installed this in the front compartment wired to the overhead light supply. The guy who writes the installation manual has an interesting sense of humour.

http://www.minderresearch.com/tm66-series/

Easy to install and working well so far . . .
    Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I use the TST 507 Flow through system. The batteries are the replaceable watch type that you can buy at a battery store. They sell a signal booster if needed, but mine doesn't need it.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for the information, I appreciate it.
    Angela - West Chester, OH
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS #690
    2015 GMC Denali 2500 HD 4WD 6.6L

Steve and Lynne
    My opinion is that you should have a TPMS on your RV! You MAY catch a sudden deflation before it rips up a side of your rig. We got the same system Dave has, TST 507 flow through. When we were staying with friends in Dallas for a few weeks last month, we needed to take our 337 to the dealer to get the furnace fixed. I noticed that one tire was at 52 psi while the others were 70. I removed the tire took in to Discount where they found a skinny nail in the area rounding from the tread to the sidewall, where major tire companies won't fix. So I had them swap the new Westlake from the spare to the alloy road wheel. Found a mom and pop shop that did a patch and that tire is on the spare rim. Westlakes have 7/32" of tread after about 15,000 miles, new one from spare has 9/32" to 10/32". I was not excited about another Chinese tire, but they are doing fine! I know I will upgrade at about 4/32" but I am OK with them now!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    I just installed a Tire Minder system. TM66 is their newest technology, but currently available exclusively through Camping World. Easy to install sensors that replace the valve caps. Not flow through, but as easy to remove as a valve cap if you need to add air. There is a locking mechanism if you are worried about sensor theft. These sensors are compatible with rubber valve stems (although the manufacturer states that they would prefer metal stem). Receiver is wireless. Tire minder will supply annual replacement sensor batteries for several years. There is booster that needs to be wired to an "always on" 12V source, so I installed this in the front compartment wired to the overhead light supply. The guy who writes the installation manual has an interesting sense of humour.

http://www.minderresearch.com/tm66-series/

Easy to install and working well so far . . .
    Rob
    I'm using the same Tire Minder system. Had it on my last 5th wheel and just reinstalled this weekend to the new rig. I'm monitoring the 4 RV tires and the spare. Glad I have them and hope I never hear the alarm. Added peace of mind though.
    Kevin & Ginger
    2015 Reflection 303RLS #1816
    2018 Chevrolet Silverado / 3500HD DRW CC / Duramax
    Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection