User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upgrades

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=ArmyLifer;Currently working on an outdoor kitchen mod so my Blackstone griddle can be in a drawer right above the two burners. [/QUOTE]

ArmyLifer. What will you using to connect the Blackstone to the quick disconnect on the trailer? I tried my BS griddle on that connection and the flame was almost nonexistent being duel regulated.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobinICT View Post
    ArmyLifer. What will you using to connect the Blackstone to the quick disconnect on the trailer? I tried my BS griddle on that connection and the flame was almost nonexistent being duel regulated.
    I just followed this thread: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...195#post159195

I did add a two-way quick disconnect from Propane Gear so I could run the Blackstone and two-burner cook top at the same time: https://propanegear.com/propane-quic...er-rv-fitting/ It appears that everyone and their brother sells much cheaper versions of this now on Amazon, but the Torjik one was all I found three years ago.
    Eric & Sandra
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
    2000 Ford Excursion 7.3 Diesel 4x4

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is how we run our Blackstone off the Imagine's quick disconnect LP connection. When running the Blackstone off the regulated gas of the trailer, you do not need the supplied Blackstone regulator online. We carry ours so we can use those 1 lb bottles if need be.

Look the following up on Amazon. Has the Blackstone fitting for the grill. Runs $25 and free shipping with Prime:

MENSI Propane Elbow Adapter Fitting with Extension Hose 12Ft RV Quick-Connect Kit for Blackstone 17"/22" Griddle
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azink007 View Post
    How did you do that specifically? I'd like to address this without running a new wire/switch/circuit.
    Here's a link on my write-up in the Imagine Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467...8076091585165/
    The relay was installed inside the hookup center near the water pump in our 2650. I did add a separate 6ga ground line from the hookup center to the grounding bolt under the frame. The ground serves 3 mods - the water pump relay, a deck-mount converter, and solar controller.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I ended up calling Blackstone and they directed me to propanegear dot com. Ordered the 12' so I should be good to go. I'll hand onto the hose I bought only because I used it so its no longer returnable ans you never know. I could become useful later on down the road.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I ended up calling Blackstone and they directed me to propanegear dot com. Ordered the 12' so I should be good to go. I'll hand onto the hose I bought only because I used it so its no longer returnable ans you never know. I could become useful later on down the road.
    Here’s a link to the Propanegear.com system: https://propanegear.com/blackstone-1...t-m-f-qc-hose/

That’s too easy! Back when I did this, I had to piece all the fittings together on my own. This is way easier and cheaper!
    Eric & Sandra
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
    2000 Ford Excursion 7.3 Diesel 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Oven! That's all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost everything I’ve done would have been nice as a factory or dealer option available at purchase. Almost everybody on this forum does these type of "upgrades." Personally, I think the whole industry ought to shift to LiFePo4 batteries. They are just so much better, but the cost and effort of upgrading is a little daunting.

Essentially free
    • Insulating/blackout inserts for vents and skylights (fabric covered foam)
    • Velcro-on blackout shades for door windows
    • 1 inch wooden dowel centered above shower (I used mounts for a closet bar)
    • Wood cover for stovetop
    • Wood block at bedroom wall TV mount (used for clip-on fan and clip-on lamp)
    • Different locks for pass-through
    • Lug nuts for spare that are same size as lug nuts on wheels

Not too expensive
    • Push bars for screen doors
    • Maxair vent covers
    • Elko pull-out drawers in pantry
    • Elko shelving in large open cabinet
    • Level mate pro
    • Valterra twist on extra sewage valves

Getting there
    • Heated rug (110v)
    • Select comfort air mattress (from my guest room. guess what’s in there now!)

Yep, but I’d do it again
    • TPMS
    • LiFePO4 Battery & new converter
    • Victron battery monitor. (battery and Victron is in a slightly modified 2 battery plastic box on the tongue)
    • Max-air vent fans (Have 10 speed units. If I could do it over, I’d get the cheaper 4 speed ones)
    • Retractable cover on slideout
    • Upgraded from 3500 lb to 4400 lb axles and wheels

Wouldn’t do again (these were “sale specials” when we bought the rig)
    • Winegard wifi extender. It might be worth it if it had the cell service card
    • 100-watt briefcase solar. I had to replace the controller to charge the LiFePo4 battery. Turns out two 100-watt panels and a controller is less total cost than a brief case. Add a PVC or wood stand and voila. I use portable solar, its just that a briefcase isn't worth it.

Going forward.
    • DC/DC converter to get the enough voltage out of the truck to fully charge the LiFePo4 battery.
    • Possibly a soft 100-watt solar panel on the roof. Also to fully charge the battery when on the road. More rooftop solar doesn’t make sense to me since I try to park in the shade.
    • actual gauge for propane tanks
    Steve & Sheryl
    Bucca and Nyx RIP-Tag and Gordon
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    Ford F250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious, what is the fence post stinky slinky mod?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding

3 Oasis Firefly Batteries....comparable to lithium at half the cost
    Victron Multiplex Inverter Charger 12/ 3000. - automatically switches over the battery or alternating current
    And you can use any 120 outlet in the camper. No need to throw switches. Pure Sine wave at 3000 watts.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast