User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I don't know if anyone is interested of not, but I marked up a picture of the RDS 60 gallon tank that I'm getting to show some useful info. The tank, because it's an "L" shaped tank, does not have a fuel gauge in it and they don't make one for it, so I sat down and did some calculations, based on the cubic feet of space inside the tank, then converted that cubic feet of space into how many gallons was in it. The picture markup is divided into the "bottom" part of the tank, then the "upper" or top part of the tank.....

I am interested.
    Thanks Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my diesel, I have a 35 gallon transfer flow tank. It is "L" shaped to perfectly fit the Pace Edwards metal roll topper. The tank is fully automatic with a gage in the front for percentage of aux and main tanks. It feeds fuel automatically to the main tank. 70 total gallons total lets me drive the full day towing without filling up. I fill up after unhooking, if I can help it.
    In my 2002 gas truck, I also have a 50 gallon transfer flow tank. After 18 years, it is working great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0291.png  
    Last edited by RobM; 12-22-2020 at 09:27 AM.
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0291.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	771.4 KB 
ID:	31258

In my diesel, I have this 35 gallon transfer flow tank. It is "L" shaped to perfectly fit the Pace Edwards metal roll topper. The tank is fully automatic with a gage in the front for percentage of aux and main tanks. It feeds fuel automatically to the main tank. 70 total gallons total lets me drive the full day towing without filling up. I fill up after unhooking, if I can help it.
    In my 2002 gas truck, I also have a 50 gallon transfer flow tank. After 18 years, it is working great.
    Eighteen years without issue is very impressive. How does the gas one operate....via a pump or gravity flow. I have read that gravity flow is illegal for gasoline vehicles.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again I'm the odd guy. I pump from my 37 gallon RDS tank. I'm not sure why as it has been a while, but I didn't care for idea of gravity feed.

And being a geek I made a control system that has to be armed and then activated to run the pump (and open a solenoid valve) so it pumps 10 gallons each time I activate it.

If I had to do it again I would have ATI Tank build one for me to my specs. They are close by so I wouldn't have to deal with shipping.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does the gas one operate....via a pump or gravity flow.
    The gas one operates by a pump. I got the small 12V pump replaced about 5 years ago. "Transfer flow" sent me a new one to install after it stopped working...my fault for not using the aux tank in a long time up to that point. I don't know when it changed, but when I look at their website now, I don't see a "transfer" tank for gas. They do sell "refueling" tanks with a fuel pump attached for gas, though.
    I can't say enough good things about the tanks in my two trucks...very convenient, hands-off operation
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    The gas one operates by a pump. I got the small 12V pump replaced about 5 years ago. "Transfer flow" sent me a new one to install after it stopped working...my fault for not using the aux tank in a long time up to that point. I don't know when it changed, but when I look at their website now, I don't see a "transfer" tank for gas. They do sell "refueling" tanks with a fuel pump attached for gas, though.
    I can't say enough good things about the tanks in my two trucks...very convenient, hands-off operation
    Good to hear Rob.....as I stated earlier....that's an impressive amount of time for a product to operate with little to no issues. Thanks for responding...
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll offer up a bit of "opinion" here and my experiences. On my first tank (the steel one that I'm going to get rid of), when I bought it, I also bought a GPI 12V pump to do the pumping/transfer. That pump lasted about a year and simply stopped working. The company sent me a new one, as it was covered under warranty. I installed the new pump and it lasted about a year and a half....and then failed also. Of course, the second one was NOT under warranty, as the warranty dates back to the original purchase. So two new pumps in 2 1/2 years should tell you something. At that point, I decided to switch brands and bought a Fill-Rite brand pump and it was very obvious when it arrived that it was a much better pump that the GPI predecessor. That pump is still running strong and basically I'm done with GPI.....other than the fact that GPI brand is what Grand Design uses in their Toy Haulers that have electric pumps for the fueling stations. Oh, and BTW, the GPI fueling pump that was in my previous trailer, the Keystone Impact Toy Hauler.....that GPI pump failed also...and was replaced. So that's a total of THREE GPI pumps that I've owned and have failed.

So for anyone that is looking to an a tank to the truck bed and you are going to use a pump to transfer the fuel, I would steer clear of the GPI products and spend the extra money on a Fill-Rite brand. YMMV
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have transfer flow. We get to pick where and when to fill up

Fireside Member Jefferson Beifuss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an 80 gallon gravity feed tank in my 2015 F350 SRW. Installed in 2017. Have had no problems with it, except for a loose clamp that simply needed tightening. I fill most often at Costco, and try to do it without the trailer. It's less pucker-worthy that way! But bookmark their webpage; not all their stores carry diesel. Many states carry none! I need to get one of those gas cards when DW and I are more fulltime.
    Jeff & Jean
    2015 GD Reflection 337RLS, Goodyear Endurance tires, JT Strongarm stabilizers
    2015 Ford F-350 SRW Lariat, w/ Sulastic spring shackles, Rancho shocks, airbag, 80 gal supplemental fuel tank, Curt Q20 hitch, Access rollup cover

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking a different approach, I opted to replace my stock 31 gallon tank with a 50 gal Titan model... https://titanfueltanks.com/catalog/p...13/category/2/ . I did not want to dedicate any bed space to a fuel tank. They have directions on how to do the swap yourself, but I paid a local shop to do the work. When towing, my range is about 500 miles which is much more than I want to drive in a day. When we park for the night, if there is a truck stop nearby, I will go fill up without the trailer. Otherwise, the truck stops with a TSD card make it easy to fuel up for the day's travel.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast