User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am running a 40 gal RDS tank rated for gasoline and aviation fuel.
    T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Titan are the best

Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    I too added a gravity feed auxiliary tank to my chevy. Then I saw some stuff in the tank, so added a fuel filter, when I started having fuel injector problems I added FASS fuel filter system and pump.

Ok, it was a good idea, it just didn't work.

I replaced the auxiliary tank with a Titan XXL 60 gallon tank. That did much better.
    Titan are the best, not cheap but..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a used Transfer Flow 45 gallon tank and installed it in my 2006 Ram. I chose to use a pump for transfer. I installed my original Bosch fuel pump that was in tank on my truck as I am now using a Fass fuel pump and filter. I did adapt the Bosch pump to work in tank with the aux. tank. 80 plus gallons makes for not having to refuel with trailer attached. Total cost less than $150.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im running a 40 gal RDS tank rated for gas and aviation fuel. To meet DOT requirements you cannot gravity feed gasoline, you must pump it from the top.
    For this Im running a 60 gal per hour pump. It will cycle off after 15 minutes.
    The best investment I made.
    This is mounted in a 2017 Nissan Titan XD.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a transfer flow tank based on Ford dealer recommendation and had the stock tank removed on my f350 short bed and replaced it with the 60 gal. This way it does not take up any truck bed space and it used all Ford hardware. No issues and no need for additional pumps or filters.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a RDS 46 gallon (diesel) tank, toolbox combo. Gravity flow. No issues. Gravity flow slowly gains fuel gauge when traveling. Simple, effective. I recommend using die springs underneath the bed with the mount bolts (grade 8). RDS supplied springs, they were cheesy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of useful info in this thread. I was looking at adding this aux fuel tank to my Ford F-250. Had anyone else used this and are they happy with it?

https://titanfueltanks.com/travel-tr...system-5410050
    2019 Ford F250SD FX4
    2020 Reflection MKS320

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbird View Post
    Lots of useful info in this thread. I was looking at adding this aux fuel tank to my Ford F-250. Had anyone else used this and are they happy with it?

https://titanfueltanks.com/travel-tr...system-5410050
    We added an S&B 60 gallon tank underneath. Used Forscan to reprogram the computer distance to empty. S&B ships with an additional plate to protect the tank and it lowers ground clearance by 1 - 1 1/2 inch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have put in 90 gallon RDS tank in 2017, gravity fed with a fuel pump inline to the filler neck of main tank. I have a switch on my Dash I turn on the axillary fuel pump, when fuel gauge gets to half tank I turn the switch on and it takes about 30 minutes and then the main tank is full. Has been working great.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    So for the last 3 years, I've had a 42 gallon "L" shaped transfer tank in my truck for having extra diesel fuel available when we travel. When I bought the tank originally, I went cheap and got a steel tank. Of course, over the years I am now experiencing some rust/debris in the tank. I'm going to remove the tank and scrap it and I've got a brand new 60 gallon all aluminum tank on order, and it's a "aux. tank" vs. a "transfer tank". So my question to those of you that have extra tanks in the bed of the truck, did you go with the Transfer (with an electric pump to move the fuel) of did you go with the Aux. tank and hook it up with the gravity feed into the existing truck tank?

I'm thinking of doing the gravity feed method, but also installing my Fill-Rite diesel pump also. Should I just choose one or the other method?......or does anyone see a benefit of having both available (the gravity feed and the pump)? All of the wiring/ect is already in place, so it would be a pretty simple operation to just move the pump to the new tank, but is it really necessary or is there pros and cons of this idea? Comments please and if you've ever had issues with the gravity feed method?
    Had transfer flow tanks in all my trucks...until my newest. Now I have a 64 and 40 gallon tank that gravity feeds my 44 gallon truck tank. Didn't cost an arm and a leg. And I can remove them when empty if I need the whole pickup bed. Used hydraulic quick connects, and they are out in 5 minutes. Just my setup.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast