User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally, we've had some fantastic weather here in the Knoxville are for the last three days and I finally got to finish up my aux. tank install. I primered and painted it a couple of weeks ago and turn it from shiny aluminum plate to a Black bedliner color. Tuesday and Wednesday was spent getting it installed and the only thing left to do is put some diesel in the tank and make sure I have no leaks...both from the gravity feed AND from the pump, as I changed few fittings there also. So, here we go with some pictures of the tank in the bed of the truck. The 1st one is an overhead shot taken with me standing on the bedrail of the truck and shooting downward. The a side view from the driver side of the truck, then finally, a shot looking down at the gravity feed part of it and where it goes through the bed of the truck to the feed pipe into the main tank. The wiring that you will see in that last picture is for my Viair Compressor, which is mounted inside the toolbox in the truck bed.

2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just put on the Titan 50 gallon tank on my RAM 3500. What a difference. Why they put on a 31 gallon tank on something that gets 10-12 mpg while towing is beyond me. Couple of times I have fueled up with just 50 miles on the odo due to the next reliable gas station distance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    I just put on the Titan 50 gallon tank on my RAM 3500. What a difference. Why they put on a 31 gallon tank on something that gets 10-12 mpg while towing is beyond me. Couple of times I have fueled up with just 50 miles on the odo due to the next reliable gas station distance.
    I'm planning to install the same tank in my Ram. Did you do the install yourself? I was wondering if I can do it with the truck on the ground. No access to a lift where I'm at.
    Tnx
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Krusen View Post
    I'm planning to install the same tank in my Ram. Did you do the install yourself? I was wondering if I can do it with the truck on the ground. No access to a lift where I'm at.
    Tnx
    No, had someone else do it. From what I have heard, you can do it on the ground, just make sure to empty the tank the best you can.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just installed a 45 gallon RDS gravity feed tank to compliment our 38 gallon onboard tank.
    We can now go 700+ miles towing our GD or 1450 without towing on our F350.

Best upgrade I've done yet to the ol' workhorse 7.3L diehard!

Best part is, my tool box still fits behind the 9.5" thick tank and doesn't interfere with the 5th wheel hitch.

Removing the tool box, our 10' truck camper still fits fine without disrupting the COG with our truck camper for short summer fishing week-ends in our home state of Montana.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210224_140309-XL.jpg  
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567