User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We cancelled our trip west. Watched too many videos of people out and about shopping without masks in Quartzsite. We decided to hang at home until both of us are able to receive the vaccine. We are fortunate that there are a couple of Virginia state parks open for winter camping and plan to get out as much as possible to them. We were at Cades Cove in November and drove into Gatlinburg one day. Could not believe the people packed into that area going in and out of stores and restaurants and 95% of them without a mask. Our personal decision is not to go to any state that does not mandate masks. I just can't go into a grocery store where people are shopping without one. Just me...you may feel different.
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    Bedford County, VA

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're in our early 70's so clearly it's a concern, but have to say, prior to going full time in Oct, we made three trips between SoCal and NW Arkansas (building a retirement home there), and with the exception of dealing with fuel stops don't see/feel any additional exposure.

Maintaining distance, masks and gloves are all commonly utilized when doing a fuel stop.

Haven't had any issues with other rv'ers maintaining distance etc when in campsites.

By and large people are smart enough to minimize exposure...... Too bad Common Sense isn't as common as it used to be.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 12-22-2020 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Political content removed per forum rules
    Cal, Marsha and Bear the Labradoodle
    2019 F350 Platinum DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4:10, Firestone Airbags
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wearing a mask and/or staying 2m away from others is not hard to do.
    Whether you want to do it or not, (travel in your RV) is a matter of your own comfort level. With a little situational awareness, you can keep yourself safe.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are debating this topic ourselves. On one hand, it would save our mental health if we would take off for the winter. On the other hand, it would add more stress to our lives by always watching the hospital occupancy in any given town we are near. We both agree this is important for the unforeseen accident or health crisis that could occur. Safety measures while traveling were well covered in this tread and to be honest, it's just a continuum of how we roll at home. We have dry camped in Michigan this year in well spaced parks and know that is possible down south. I don't think we would go west quite yet. Tightly packed RV parks are out of the question. Leaning toward waiting till mid-January to make a decision. BTW we are a few years younger than you.
    Joe and Sandy
    2017 Reflection 303rls
    2018 Silverado 3500HD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also haven't decided yet. Other than the travel would be mostly in one spot, which we have already paid for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the input. We decided not to go. Along with everybody’s comments, the New York Times nationwide map of hospital ICU beds available was the tipping point. The west is bedded up.
    We’ll take a look at the gulf coast in February and if COVID settles down maybe go there. In the meantime the shovel is ready for a white Christmas in Michigan.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cades Cove in November and drove into Gatlinburg one day
    We're heading out in a few days and will be close to Gatlinburg. Let's just say, even before your report, that's one place I will NOT be going. WAY too crowded, small streets and frankly, not a whole lot there worth seeing (at least not for us). My big concern is that entire Blue Ridge is basically shut down right now, so, unfortunately, we'll have to hike up to the mountains instead of driving up. It's OK, the difficulty of access means even fewer people on the trails.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're leaving tomorrow for a 5 day trip. We are bringing all our own food. We had to grocery shop weather saying home or going so no difference there. I don't see fuel stops as an issue. Pay at the pump. Drive around back to use our own bathroom and have lunch in the trailer. No worries with that part of the trip. Once there we'll stay socially distanced from the outside world and do outdoor activities. The only people me and Mrs skreef will socialize with is my sister and BIL and they are very covid conscious people like we are. We have buddy sites so have our own campsite bubble. All in all I feel safe about the trip. Safer than staying at home and working for the Christmas to new years week.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our life style does not allow others to deterimine what we do.
    Retired, Full time since 06/12/2020
    2020 Ram 3500 MGCAB 4X4 DRW LGHN
    2021 Solitude ST390RK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, 3000 Watts Solar,
    Cummins 240V Generator, DP windows, Paint, W/D.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarDel View Post
    Our life style does not allow others to deterimine what we do.
    Likely the best post in the thread.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast