User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We continue to camp. Only trips canceled were when campgrounds were closed. We have the knowledge and ability to be safe.
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are planning on going to Arizona in February but that could all change . Depends how conditions are in Mesa. We are hoping there will be better times by then. If not we will check for March.

JIM BONHOTE
    2021 2930RL Solitude S Class
    2015 Ford F-350 Platinum

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyvv View Post
    We have plans to go from Michigan to Arizona in February and March. Two national forest campgrounds, two private, and four days of cold weather camping at Grand Canyon. Arizona currently does not have a travel ban, but has a lot of COVID. I understand that camping can reduce exposer risk but am curious what others have decided to do this winter. We’re in good health but in our early seventies and dearly want to do warm weather hiking and camping as well as leave Michigan winter weather.
    We are in our mid 60s and just traveled from Northern Indiana to South Central Texas. We were in Indiana from Oct-Dec29. On the trip south, we stayed overnight in Marion Il and Hazen Ak on route to Lake Livingston Texas. We stayed an extra night in Hazen Ak to wait out the rain and near freezing temps just to be safe. We had no problem with campground reservations or refueling. Everywhere we stopped people were wearing masks. Even in Illinois where the state had shut down dine-in restaurants we got takeout from cracker barrel and ate in the rv. We were just cautious, wore masks, washed our hands and used hand sanitizer and would do it again. in fact the only place we ran into people not wearing masks is here in Livingston at the local grocery store. We wore our masks, just distance ourselves and used hand sanitizer when we got back in our truck. We have been here at Lake Livingston Texas for 3 days, beautiful place, and warm, will head over to Escapees to pick up our mail and do some laundry. In two days we head out to Galveston Island and our final destination staying from Jan-Mar.

So far we have 4000 miles on our rig and it has performed extremely well even on our recent trip in the sub 0 wind chill of northern Indiana. We are fulltime, so this is our home and we have no problem traveling.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all! My husband and I are contemplating the RV life full time. We have been watching many uTube videos. Our immediate concern is Covid restrictions and how that affects places to stay and other necessities. We are total rookies so bare with us please. Thank you.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to make your own decision, but if I could I would be gone.

Always be overly cautious about hygiene. I social distance, wear a mask and am very cautious not to contaminate my vehicle and home.

I live in a rural community, so I don't go shopping for groceries more than 2 or 3 times a month as I have for 20 years. My wife has an autoimmune issue and compromised immune system. She is tested each time she has to have a "procedure". Multiple times in a hospital, infusion center, etc. All high risk places. We go to eat where restaurants that practice C19 precautions.

So far probably 8 tests for her. All negative, which almost certainly means she has not had it and neither have I.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get the vaccine,
    Got my first Moderna shot Monday....piece of mind
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    Get the vaccine,
    Got my first Moderna shot Monday....piece of mind
    Don't put your guard down, it is not absolute "peace" of mind. Not only is the vaccine not 100% effective, there are also other variants to which it may not be as effective against.

Don't forget that for the full effect, you have about 7 weeks from the date of your first shot.

My wife is immune compromised and her Dr cannot get her a vaccine. I am still under 60 and not in any risk category. Likely cannot get until Oct or later.

Why is it that people lower risk than my wife, not even first responders are able to get the vaccine before her? Things that make you say hmmmm....

Here are some good articles.
    https://www.livescience.com/covid-19...explained.html

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're not getting the vaccine, period. We just don't trust it. We've been on the Australian Protocol (Ivermectin, Doxycycline, Zinc, and D3) for months. Numerous known exposures (including our son in law), and no disease. We'd rather continue to take the known drugs (which are also used for treatment, but in different dosages/frequencies) than drugs that are still experimental in nature.

That's just us... YMMV. We're not judging. Rather, we're taking a different path.
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 MC DRW

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Course we aren’t letting our guard down

One on hand 2 comorbidities , over 66 , no vaccine

On the other hand a vaccine percent 95% efficancy
    ( flu shot is 75%) and in tens of thousands of people in the study low to no COVID effects

That’s a sigh of relief to me. 😀

I MD your wife would take precedence in the over 65 group with me.

That all being said it’s still possible for us who have been given the vaccine to still spread Covid so a more diligent distancing / mask care still must be practiced.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck.N View Post
    We're not getting the vaccine, period. We just don't trust it. We've been on the Australian Protocol (Ivermectin, Doxycycline, Zinc, and D3) for months. Numerous known exposures (including our son in law), and no disease. We'd rather continue to take the known drugs (which are also used for treatment, but in different dosages/frequencies) than drugs that are still experimental in nature.

That's just us... YMMV. We're not judging. Rather, we're taking a different path.
    Are those drugs proven to be prophalactic?
    Do you have co morbidities and what age group are you? I respect you for not taking. In our situation it is riskier to not take it. It’s risk assessment

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast