Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Heater Help

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heater Help

Solitude 310GK 2018. "Furnace blower" fails to spool up, therefore NO ignition. A few times it failed to turn on but when I manually turned it off..(thermostst click) and turned "HEAT" back on, all was good all day. Thermostst works in other modes. Propane is good. Fuses and breaker good. Is it time to call a Profesional? I have some HVAC knowledge. Maybe hang Garlic on the UNIT?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like a number of people viewed your post but didn't have any advice. I'd say that unless you want to start the troubleshooting yourself then you need to call in the "professionals".

I suppose if you troubleshoot it yourself then the first place to start would be by getting the wiring digram. That should be easy enough using google search. Then start looking for 12v into the motor.

if you aren't comfy with electricity then just call for help.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chuckle.. I turned it off for five minutes (Thermostat) and attempted another start. IT WORKED! Possibly Divine Intervention. ��

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotsteve9 View Post
    Possibly Divine Intervention.
    Or the mud dobber nest is gone...

Or the spider webs are gone...

Or the little bit of air in the propane lines got flushed...

Propane furnaces have quite a few safety checks in their start up process; it goes something like this.

Thermostat sends we need heat signal to furnace. Furnace starts fan motor, fan motor creates suction and opens the sail switch. If the sail switch fails to open the furnace will shut down and go into safety mode. (no fan)

When the sail switch opens a signal is sent to the propane solenoid to open valve and ignite. When there is heat generated it will open the limiter switch. The limiter switch is the one that checks to make sure the furnace is producing heat. If the limiter switch fails to open after about 15 seconds the furnace will shut down and go into safety mode.

The only way to get the furnace out of safety mode is to turn the thermostat to off, then reset it.

That may not be exactly correct, I wrote if from memory. But it will be close.

When I have furnace issues like to turn the thermostat to off, then have DW turn it back on while I am standing by the furnace. That way I can hear the fan motor start, the propane ignite, and warm my hands in the exhaust cause I am standing out in the cold without my coat or gloves. I never said I was smart....
    Last edited by D2Reid; 12-26-2020 at 11:05 AM.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We found the Heater Problem!

Quote Originally Posted by pilotsteve9 View Post
    Solitude 310GK 2018. "Furnace blower" fails to spool up, therefore NO ignition. A few times it failed to turn on but when I manually turned it off..(thermostst click) and turned "HEAT" back on, all was good all day. Thermostst works in other modes. Propane is good. Fuses and breaker good. Is it time to call a Profesional? I have some HVAC knowledge. Maybe hang Garlic on the UNIT?
    We found the source of the Heater issue! (Worked when it was cold, but not after being run for awhile). It was the "High Limit Switch". I originally posted.."easy to get to", I was mistaken. Its not difficult, but a tech might be a good idea. Sorry about that. My error.
    Last edited by pilotsteve9; 01-29-2021 at 01:18 PM.