User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

China Bombs - GET Goodyear Endurance Now!!!!!

Have 2018 Imagine 2250RK and was planning on replacing China Bomb Westlake tires early next year with Goodyear Endurance tires because of reviews on this forum. I always check tire pressure before every trip and have TireTraker tire monitoring system. Also visually inspect tires. Coming down to Florida from Georgia had a bomb blow. As soon as TireTraker alarmed, started getting over on busy Interstate 85. Lucky to only have fender skirt damaged. Rim was slightly damaged but still usable.
    Take my advice, get rid of China Bombs ASAP, they are junk compared to the Goodyear tires. I might say again they are total, total junk!!!!! Don't be a fool like me and try and get a few more months on China Bombs that looked perfectly good.
    Now have 5 Goodyear Endurance tires, replaced spare also.
    Last edited by Buckskin; 12-24-2020 at 04:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my 380FL-R 5th Wheel Solitude 2019 on 17 January 2019. I drove directly to NTB tires and had the Westlake China Bombs replaced with Good Year Endurance tires. I too, after reading multiple blogs about terrible blow-outs and damage, did not want to experience the pain, cost and hazard of a blown tire.
    Thanks for sharing, best to pay it forward and save tons on the backend.
    We now have 10,000 miles on the tires and are very pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgvaillant View Post
    I bought my 380FL-R 5th Wheel Solitude 2019 on 17 January 2019. I drove directly to NTB tires and had the Westlake China Bombs replaced with Good Year Endurance tires. I too, after reading multiple blogs about terrible blow-outs and damage, did not want to experience the pain, cost and hazard of a blown tire.
    Thanks for sharing, best to pay it forward and save tons on the backend.
    We now have 10,000 miles on the tires and are very pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Please make sure you read the blogs and forums correctly and get all the information.

The Westlake G range that were on your Solitude are NOT the tires everyone complains about.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 to 4 years is the life expectancy on any ST trailer tire that spends 90% of its life sitting still.

You were due anyway.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    3 to 4 years is the life expectancy on any ST trailer tire that spends 90% of its life sitting still.

You were due anyway.
    I heard years ago that it was 5 to 6 years? Then I heard 5 years. Now you are saying 3 to 4? The way it's going we will have to toss our trailer tires after each camping season..lol

I have not looked but I suspect the spare on my 2021 reflection is a westlake. You made a differentiation on good/bad westlakes. Is it only the 'G' that is ok to keep? I'm thinking of replacing my spare in the spring.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replace E Westlakes Lots of blowouts

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    Have 2018 Imagine 2250RK and was planning on replacing China Bomb Weatlake tires early next year with Goodyear Endurance tires because of reviews on this forum. I always check tire pressure before every trip and have TireTraker tire monitoring system. Also visually inspect tires. Coming down to Florida from Georgia had a bomb blow. As soon as TireTraker alarmed, started getting over on busy Interstate 85. Lucky to only have fender skirt damaged. Rim was slightly damaged but still usable.
    Take my advice, get rid of China Bombs ASAP, they are junk compared to the Goodyear tires. I might say again they are total, total junk!!!!! Don't be a fool like me and try and get a few more months on China Bombs that looked perfectly good.
    Now have 5 Goodyear Endurance tires, replaced spare also.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, as stated the load range on the Westlakes is the determining factor, not all are "total, total junk !!!!". I, and others, have not had a problem. Personally mine are 3 yrs old and have over 15000 interstate miles on them and have no issues.

PS - some Goodyear tires are made in China, not sure about the Endurance.
    Last edited by Bungy; 12-23-2020 at 07:41 AM.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I heard years ago that it was 5 to 6 years? Then I heard 5 years. Now you are saying 3 to 4? The way it's going we will have to toss our trailer tires after each camping season..lol

I have not looked but I suspect the spare on my 2021 reflection is a westlake. You made a differentiation on good/bad westlakes. Is it only the 'G' that is ok to keep? I'm thinking of replacing my spare in the spring.
    3 to 4 has always been our standard. You have to remember that car/truck tires see lots of movement and the lubricating oils get moved around in the tires. Trailer tires tend to sit for long periods and dry out because those oils don't get circulated.

If you were going 5-6 years with no issues, feel lucky.

Yes, the E range and under are the ones that have had more issues. I will say, Westlake brand has the least issues of the "China bomb" varieties. You haven't seen anything until you've seen Powerking Towmax tires...LOL
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post

Yes - the load range G Westlakes are a completely different animal and much better tire than the Es. They do not have the failure record of the load range E Westlakes. That's why it's so frustrating when people paint tires with such a broad brush without doing their research.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My GY E's are made here. Same as my last 3 trailers.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast