User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the back end aired up to unloaded height, the front end is about 50% back. The trailer pulls great. Thanks
    Roger Crawford
    Queen Creek, AZ
    2021 Momentum 25G
    2019 Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the web site “All Par”. It’s run by mopar engineers. They discuss the model differences. As far as I could tell it all comes down to the 3500 has a slightly larger wheel bearing. I’ll be putting on the larger bearings in the next couple thousand miles or so. I have 177k on the current bearings. Also note the web site admits the payload numbers are chosen by other considerations having very little to do with the actual capabilities of the truck or axles.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by rvcrawford View Post
    Does anyone know the physical differences between the 2500 and 3500 that give the 3500 more payload (besides the sticker on the door). I know coil springs vs leaf springs but what else? Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, we put in a set of firestone airbags because I don’t believe in having our tail squat. A WD hitch properly adjusted shouldn’t cause squat. My M350 caused quite a bit until the air bags got the correct airing. As the mopar engineer states a coil spring can carry the same loads as leaf springs do, you just have to pick the right coil spring.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    I have a GMC Denali Duramax 3500, and it squats about 2 inches when towing.

I've been thinking about air bags. Please let us know how it works out.

Following with interest.

Thanks,
    Bill
    I have a 2018 Ram 3500 DRW with a 375RE.
    I had about 2" sag and added Torquelift Stabeloads.
    Truck hauled great but I did have the light issue, up just enough for the occasional high beam flasher.
    I added the airbags and run 60 lbs in them.
    Sits totally level and has some typical (slight)bouncy feel like air bags always do.
    I'm happy with the install though and would recommend it. I did the same upgrades on my 2015 F350 DRW and was happy with that one too.
    I'm having the MoreRyde suspension upgrade done right now (waiting in hotel in Grants Pass Oregon).
    This adds 8,000 lb axles with shocks and disc brakes to the Solitude. Excited to hit the road south tomorrow with the new suspension.

Safe travels everyone!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomsBro View Post
    I have a 2018 Ram 3500 DRW with a 375RE.
    I had about 2" sag and added Torquelift Stabeloads.
    Truck hauled great but I did have the light issue, up just enough for the occasional high beam flasher.
    I added the airbags and run 60 lbs in them.
    Sits totally level and has some typical (slight)bouncy feel like air bags always do.
    I'm happy with the install though and would recommend it. I did the same upgrades on my 2015 F350 DRW and was happy with that one too.
    I'm having the MoreRyde suspension upgrade done right now (waiting in hotel in Grants Pass Oregon).
    This adds 8,000 lb axles with shocks and disc brakes to the Solitude. Excited to hit the road south tomorrow with the new suspension.

Safe travels everyone!
    Thank You, seems like you are happy with them.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Following with interest.

Thanks,
    Bill
    Bill, I have the same truck as you do. I have not updated my signature yet. When pulling my 303 I didn't have enough squat to worry about it. I am now pulling a Solitude 310GK. I was about to put air bags on it. I talked to the owner of a local shop that works on my truck. He said he has been recommending Timbrens instead of air bags and has not had any complaints about them. So I took his advice and I am glad I did. I now have about 1" of squat when hooked up to the Solitude. You don't have to add or remove any air. When running unloaded the Timbrens do not touch the axel so you don't even know they are there. I do not run at night so I don't have the issue of flashing headlights. I am very happy with the Timbrens, just my opinion.
    Gordon and Renee
    Grafton, Ohio
    (Previous)2019 Reflection 303 RLS (05-2018)
    2020 Solitude 310 GK (09-2020)
    2019 GMC Denali HD 3500 4X4 SRW 6.6 Duramax (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali HD 3500 4X4 SRW 6.6 Duramax on order

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon P View Post
    Bill, I have the same truck as you do. I have not updated my signature yet. When pulling my 303 I didn't have enough squat to worry about it. I am now pulling a Solitude 310GK. I was about to put air bags on it. I talked to the owner of a local shop that works on my truck. He said he has been recommending Timbrens instead of air bags and has not had any complaints about them. So I took his advice and I am glad I did. I now have about 1" of squat when hooked up to the Solitude. You don't have to add or remove any air. When running unloaded the Timbrens do not touch the axel so you don't even know they are there. I do not run at night so I don't have the issue of flashing headlights. I am very happy with the Timbrens, just my opinion.
    Thanks Gordon. I was looking at Timbrins just last night. Essentially they engage the overload springs earlier.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Following with interest.

Thanks,
    Bill

I installed bags on my 2500HD and they are awesome and I wont another truck without air bags.
    2021 GMC 3500HD
    2021 Montana High Country 385BR
    2018 GMC 2500 HD (Traded in)
    2019 GD312BHTS (written off by fallen tree RIP)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added Timbrens to my Ram 3500 SRW. Work great with my 5er.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just finished a 500 mile trip with the air bags at 40 PSI. Most of the trip home was in the dark and no Flashes. The rig handles great. I added the Wireless One onboard compressor too. Made it very easy to dial in the right amount of air. Very happy.
    Roger Crawford
    Queen Creek, AZ
    2021 Momentum 25G
    2019 Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12