User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    When I bought my 2019 I didn't realize until after I had the truck home that Cummins and RAM changed to the CP4 truck. I was or so I thought also shopping for a none CP4 truck. I love my 3500 just now know that I have the CP4.2 that could give me problems unfortunately. Once warranty is up if FCA has not done a recall on the CP4.2 yet I will need to make a choice of keep it or trade it.

Rob
    I assume this would be covered under the 5yr/100,000mi powertrain warranty?
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    I assume this would be covered under the 5yr/100,000mi powertrain warranty?
    Yes this is covered under the warranty. I am more concerned personally about after the warranty since I kept my Tundra for 10 years and 150,000 miles and was really hoping to keep this one longer since the cummins and Aisin are supposed to be good for at least 250,000 miles.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Yes this is covered under the warranty. I am more concerned personally about after the warranty since I kept my Tundra for 10 years and 150,000 miles and was really hoping to keep this one longer since the cummins and Aisin are supposed to be good for at least 250,000 miles.

Rob
    I like to keep my trucks longer as well. When I had my CP4 truck, I was nrvous about it after the warranty was up. A possible 10-15K repair at any time made the decision to get a new truck early... a LOT easier.

I got 28K for my trade. If I had been unlucky enough to have to pay for that repair before I traded it in,,, I still would have got 28K for it.
    28K minus 10-15K is not a hit I was willing to take.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I like to keep my trucks longer as well. When I had my CP4 truck, I was nrvous about it after the warranty was up. A possible 10-15K repair at any time made the decision to get a new truck early... a LOT easier.

I got 28K for my trade. If I had been unlucky enough to have to pay for that repair before I traded it in,,, I still would have got 28K for it.
    28K minus 10-15K is not a hit I was willing to take.
    Yes this is exactly why I will need to see when the warranty is up and then figure out what to do if FCA doesn't recall and retrofit.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was watching a show where a Duramax turbo diesel was being upgraded and hot rodded. Because it used a CP4 pump to address pressures involved with the fuel injection they backed it up with a CP3 to aid in supplying the volume of fuel needed. I'm not sure if it was plumbed to maintain a constant pressure on the fuel rail or it made a two stage pump that took much of the load off the CP4 with the idea it would extend it's life. It seems, like gasoline engines Diesels have moved to direct injection needing higher pressures to supply fuel to the cylinders.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 01-01-2021 at 08:01 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read somewhere that Ford was using the CP4.2. I thought I also saw that there was a design change that prevented the roller from rotating and getting chewed up. Does anyone know more about this?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by psdxoh View Post
    I read somewhere that Ford was using the CP4.2. I thought I also saw that there was a design change that prevented the roller from rotating and getting chewed up. Does anyone know more about this?
    Yes Ford also uses the CP4.2. There is no design change to prevent the roller from rotating and getting chewed up. Apparently Edelbrock I believe owns a patent that Bosch refuses to pay to make the change to the pump to prevent the roller from rotating and causing the problems. The only design change that I have heard of is that there is a coating on the pump internals that makes it more durable to wear.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So did my 2015 Duramax have the CP4 fuel pump too? If so it never gave any problems...but the Nav system sure did.

Red
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading one article about this I started using fuel additive (Ford dealer recommend using additive in my 2015), even in my 2018. Have been using opti-lube Xtreme Lubricant (purple cap) every other tank or so. Also paying attention to bio-fuel as it has more lubrication then most of the additives. So will see what happens.
    Lyle & Judy and Annie the Westie
    Retired (Government employee/USMC/USAFR, Ret) & Retired (insurance industry)
    2018 F-350 CC LB DRW 4X4 6.7 (3.55)(Reese 18k "puck system")
    2018 Solitude 310GK (5500 Onan Genset)
    2020 F-150 SCSB XLT 2.7L 10 speed

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast